Highlighted
Kudos: 168
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

ACB-ISP Disappears with non-default subnet.

[ Edited ]

I've had this one ACB-ISP for a while, and I keep trying to deploy it, and it keeps blowing up in my face.

Essentially when I change the LAN IP (and DHCP pool) the LAN interface stops working. Sometimes, if I change the settings (usually I'm doing this by UNMS because it's unreachable from the LAN) it will reappear for a few moments, while it still ARPs, does not respond to HTTP/HTTPS/ICMP, nor does it pass traffic. Curiously the DHCP will still hand out appropriate leases.

I have reset this thing to default several times, I just tried the 2.4.0-BETA3 as well... no joy.

I do not have this problem with ACB-AC, nor ACP-ISPs put in router-mode on the default 192.168.1/24...

I'm exclusively deploying with these as routers, but I vaguely feel like I've had the same problem in bridge mode... can't recall - I was getting frustrated and desperate last time I tried that.

Is this a known issue? I can't offer much debugging info or logs since the thing isn't accessible via LAN. (And how hard would it be to add a reset-to-defaults to UNMS?)

Could I have a bad unit with a bad switch chip perhaps?

I feel like this might be the same unit I'd tested the VLANning for IPTV (which worked well), but it's been reset to defaults a number of times since.

Accepted Solutions

Re: ACB-ISP Disappears with non-default subnet.

Replacement does not exhibit the above problems - reconfigured LAN & DHCP via GUI and UNMS, no problems at all. V2.4.0

View solution in original post

All Replies

Quick follow-up as I'm banging away at it.

If I change it's LAN IP from 10.66.58.2/24 to 10.66.58.1/24, it replied to 5 pings, nothing for 10 seconds, 2 more replies, nothing for another 30ish seconds, two more packets... so it appears to be struggling.

It's not a cabling, power (tried several different injectors), or client device issue (2 laptops, plus an iPhone can associate, sometimes gets an IP, sometimes doesn't.)

D'you want me to RMA, or send it back for testing? (Am in Canada.)

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 406
Solutions: 31

@mWare, if I understood right, you are able to control device over UNMS. So can you backup your configuration in UNMS and send it to me (deimantas.baltrusis@ubnt.com)?

Was just setting down to do this for you, and I realized - now that I'm working in a dark environment, the thing is boot-looping, or just not responding on LAN (but taking an IP on WAN, although remote access is off)

Going to RMA it now.

Replacement does not exhibit the above problems - reconfigured LAN & DHCP via GUI and UNMS, no problems at all. V2.4.0

Starting to wonder if it might've been related to this - https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Beta/ACB-Settings-Display-Bug-in-Firefox/m-p/2623629

... granted I was working with a much older UNMS since I was hitting this since July 2018.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Possibly. I haven't seen this occur on my units yet.

Are you using Firefox or Chrome as your daily driver? Man Happy

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

I use both regularly.