Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Aircube ISP constantly restarting

Hello, I do not use this forum much, but I have found a problem that I have not found anywhere else. Currently I am using 2 Aircube-ISPs for my Home WiFi and an Edgerouter-X as my Router. Everything is connected to a UNMS server.

The problem that I am having is that the Aircube that I have stationed upstairs is constantly restarting all the time and it shows up in the UNMS logs, but the one downstairs is doing just fine. They are setup exactly the same and everything. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this or if anyone has an idea as to what is happening here.

Aircube constant Restart.PNG

Accepted Solutions

Re: Aircube ISP constantly restarting

Yes, I have tried that also. I have started an RMA request with the place that I bought it from since recently it restarted itself and got stuck in a boot loop. I am sure that this is a defective product because the one that I had for backup that I installed in its place is working just fine now and has had an uptime of just over a day.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1889
Solutions: 140

Are you sure it's actually restarting?  Current versions of UNMS sometimes exhibit "phantom outages" that look a lot like the screenshot you posted above.

Log in to the airCube WebUI and look in the lower right portion of the dashboard:

acb-dashboard-stats.png

Yes, I have it set so that the LED is off, and when it restarts the LED blinks so I can physically see that it restarts and the internet upstairs becomes noticeably weaker since it is switching to the access point downstairs. I have also checked the AirCube web interface for Uptime and attached a screenshot.

AirCube Uptime.PNG

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1889
Solutions: 140

How is the airCube being powered?

I have it powered via the 5v USB power Input. I am using the same USB cables and AC/USB adapters for both of the Aircubes and tried using different ones for the one upstairs, but the problem still persists.

Kudos: 22
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

Even though it’s the same USB adapter, it may still be the cause. What USB adapter are you using? Check the output amps and report it back to us.

Edit: what version of air cube firmware? ——- scratch that i see 2.4.0

I am using 2A USB adapters for the both of the airCubes

Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

You might try removing the UNMS code from the restarting unit and see if problem still exists. We've seen some strange things caused by UNMS.

Yes, I have tried that also. I have started an RMA request with the place that I bought it from since recently it restarted itself and got stuck in a boot loop. I am sure that this is a defective product because the one that I had for backup that I installed in its place is working just fine now and has had an uptime of just over a day.
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2103
Solutions: 325

Thanks for the update, let me know if you have any RMA delay.