Kudos: 1

Aircube-ISP to UNMS Not Connecting Issue

Hi I've been using UNMS and Aircubes for a while and haven't had any issues authorizing them with UNMS using our UNMS Key.

But we've just started using Aircube-ISPs we've had one work just fine, and the other two have had some issues connecting:

The first one I had to turn the UNMS option off, reboot and turn it back on again to get it to connect to UNMS.

The other one I haven't had any luck getting it to connect to UNMS, I've tripled checked the Key, removed it, rebooted, uploaded a different config that I know works, rebooted, and re-added the key many times. The only difference I can think of is that one is behind a Powerbeam M2 and the ones that work are behind AC radios.

Only thing I haven't tried with it is resetting it to defaults...can't really do it that I would lose access to it.

All the aircubes are running V2.4.0 and UNMS is running 0.13.0.

If anyone has any ideas why this is happening please let me know.

Thank you!

Om

Veteran Member
Kudos: 828
Solutions: 23

Re: Aircube-ISP to UNMS Not Connecting Issue

we have this issue if 1 the UNMS key was in the config file (You Must always input a fresh generic UNMS Key)

or there was an AirCube in UNMS with same name or MAC you will need to remove that before it will allow you to add the new one

Kudos: 1

Hey thanks so much for the reply 900mhzdude!

I do believe this is the issue, our config file does contain the UNMS Key with it as we're trying to standardize our router configs for installs and we'd like to be able to pre-provision them in the shop. What do you mean by a fresh generic key? We are just using the one you find under Settings>Connection in UNMS. Is there another key elsewhere?

To me this is pretty darn lame, I thought the whole point of a Key was to make it easy to add devices to UNMS without manually adding each one. Can ubiquiti comment on this and is there a fix coming? It kind of hinders our ability to efficiently use Aircubes in a massive way.

On another note, I have some serious gripes also with the password being different on every single aircube by default, I get it the idea...but especially for the ISP version when we're using our own default configs with username and passwords we'd like to use it just doesn't make for a quick and easy deployment.

Thanks again 900mhzdude for confirming this is an issue. If anyone at UBNT can comment it would be much appreciated!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2101
Solutions: 325

@UBNT-Jindrich have you encountered this?
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1246
Solutions: 245

[ Edited ]

@ombeach  Hello.

We are just using the one you find under Settings>Connection in UNMS. Is there another key elsewhere?

Yes, that is the correct generic UNMS key. Please note that this key is immediately changed once a device connects to UNMS. When that happens the AES part of generic UNMS key is changed thus creating a device specific UNMS key. Since you are using the generic UNMS key those airCubes should connect without issues. From the description alone it is difficult to find out what is wrong. You can SSH into the device and try pinging the UNMS machine. If the ping fails, there is some network issue on the way between the device and your UNMS. If it comes through, please send us the device support info both from those airCubes and your UNMS and we will try to find out what is going on. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Veteran Member
Kudos: 828
Solutions: 23

You need to make sure you are finished with your config and have all your updates then be 100% sure your AirCube has no connection to the internet so the UNMS key dose not change its self when you put the UNMS key in your config file right before you save it