Re: Cannot Access to Configure airCube ACB-AC

@RVFmal wrote:

Just purchased an airCube AC, but cannot access it to configure it as an Access Point.

I downloaded the UNMS app from Google Play, connect the airCube wifi, but when I attempt to access the unit using the QR code, the relevant SSID, WPA keyUsername and Password are assigned correctly but I keep getting "Device Login Failed" error.

Connecting it to the LAN does not help either as it is not assigned an IP address by my DHCP server.

Is this an inherent fault or am I missing something?

I have had the same issue.  But found that you can not have it connected to your lan.  You must set it up before plugging to any router or network.  You will also find that it does not assign IP addresss it passes it through from your network, and if your like me, you don’t want to assign IP addresses to everyone that connects to your clients network.  

Kudos: 345
Solutions: 14

Re: Cannot Access to Configure airCube ACB-AC

[ Edited ]

@mawells wrote:

@RVFmal wrote:

Just purchased an airCube AC, but cannot access it to configure it as an Access Point.

I downloaded the UNMS app from Google Play, connect the airCube wifi, but when I attempt to access the unit using the QR code, the relevant SSID, WPA keyUsername and Password are assigned correctly but I keep getting "Device Login Failed" error.

Connecting it to the LAN does not help either as it is not assigned an IP address by my DHCP server.

Is this an inherent fault or am I missing something?

I have had the same issue.  But found that you can not have it connected to your lan.  You must set it up before plugging to any router or network.  You will also find that it does not assign IP addresss it passes it through from your network, and if your like me, you don’t want to assign IP addresses to everyone that connects to your clients network.  

You will find that this changes once updated to v2.4.0.  Older firmware defaulted to Bridged mode making it just an AP.  By v2.4.0 the default mode was changed to Router mode.

Dreams never hurt. It's when they turn into expectations that you get problems.