Kudos: 39
Solutions: 1

Feature Request : Disable lan ports on AirCube with UNMS

Hey Guys,

Another idea that would be super convient for us here, being an isp that is not a wisp so we dont use your CPE hardware,  but for stage one of customer nonpayment we would like to be able to disable the LAN and WLAN on the aircube AC's our customers have. 

We find this to be a much tidier and friendlier step 1 to deal with people not paying. However, our customers are starting to adapt to this and are starting to utilize the hardwired devices until I get around to actually disabing their modem. 

Is it possible to have a disable LAN trigger as well? Something easy our csrs can do in the unms?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Re: Feature Request : Disable lan ports on AirCube with UNMS

Have you looked at disabling service via something like UCRM?

I have not, I didnt beleive that you could make the ucrm talk to aircubes, last I check it out the ucrm used ssh - I will look into that. Any links you can provide in how to make the ucrm talk to aircubes would be helpful

Thanks

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1860
Solutions: 138

UCRM suspends service by redirecting CPE WAN addresses (in routers it manages) to a captive portal.

Yes my understanding is that is sends devices to a walled garden by IP address, unfortunately our customer equiment is DHCP so that option has never been on the table for me (my network is 100% ubnt other then the broadband modems) 

I hope I am wrong here and you can give me some insight into this as early on we believed we could block traffic in our er8 infinity using the ucrm and the mac address of the modem. But without a static IP on the modem I thought this wouldnt work

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1860
Solutions: 138

Once the UCRM & UNMS integration is complete, it will be UNMS that handles the redirects, and there are plans to track the CPE through the DHCP changes.

Highlighted

again, I dont use CPE equipment, not a wisp, a transit ISP