Kudos: 5

Feature Request: Site Survey

On most Ubiquiti products, it is possible to scan for other wireless networks in the area. My company uses this feature quite a bit, as it helps us to find wireless interference when we place our devices in Customer's homes. Right now, we are struggling a bit with the airCubes, as we can't scan for wireless interferene. The ability to perform a wireless scan is very important to us.

Are there any plans to implement this feature soon? Thanks!

SuperUser
Kudos: 3956
Solutions: 370

Re: Feature Request: Site Survey

@UBNT-SNK
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2181
Solutions: 335

Thanks for tagging me - we have discussed this one, and at the moment it is a low priority feature on our roadmap. I would recommend at installation time using something like our WiFiMan app for this purpose.

We have and do use the WiFiMan app, it has certainly been a help to us.

As great as the app is, it can't see the future for what our customers will purchase later on after the install lol. We've had a hard time since the airRouters have been discontinued. The functionality of the airCube just doesn't seem like it is at the point as to where the airRouter was.

I like all the work you guys are doing though! Thanks for the reply.
Kudos: 131

Totally agree on the airCube.  The airRouter was solid and working great, and to replace with airCube which has been non-stop issues since its release and limited functionality is sad.  Its just another terrible mis-step in a long line of them from UBNT.

Established Member
Kudos: 192
Solutions: 25

Being able to run an airCube site survey remotely via UNMS would be very helpful to us. 

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Emerging Member

While strangely this isn't available via the web interface, it is available via the iOS app / API.  I agree, that and Discover mode would be really nice to have!  

I know about the app but it should be available via the web interface.  We should have ssh access so our management software can make changes to the equipment as well as snmp monitoring.

The main reason that we need it via the web interface is because we like to be able to troubleshoot our connections remotely. If we have to do it with the app, we aren't able to do it remotely.
Emerging Member

@wispWizard - stay tuned, SSH is coming soon.  

@tbelfield - are your airCubes in a management VLAN?  Do this and VPN into your management network.  I can login to our cubes from anywhere.  

From our main office, we have access to all of our airCubes on our customer network.

Its just a pain to have to pull out your phone and run a site survey on a small screen when everything else is done through web interfave or ssh and cli.  Its just a poorly cobbed together product software wise.

Established Member
Kudos: 192
Solutions: 25

We're OK with using WiFiMan to do a WiFi site survey while walking around the house during an installation.

But often we would like to do a site survey when handling a service call remotely well after the installation when a Client complains of service problems.  And we route at the CPE so we would like to run the site survey via UNMS - we cannot access anything past the CPE otherwise.

And running airView would be nice too!

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.