Established Member
Kudos: 512
Solutions: 18
Accepted Solution

Feature request: disable wireless

It would be nice to have a way to disable wireless on the cubes. There are some situations where the customer provides their own wifi but we would still like to have a device behind the radio. With the cube forcefully belching out its own wireless beacon we can't use it in those situations. This is another situation where the AirGateway firmware was (and still is) superior to the new cubes.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 406
Solutions: 31

Re: Feature request: disable wireless

@FuzzyDice, webui always has all the possible features and options to configure. You can disable radio on wireless page. Which firmware version you are using at the moment?

View solution in original post

wireless.png

All Replies
Kudos: 73
Solutions: 3

Yes I can also see us using an AirCube as a dumb device just for network monitoring Man Very Happy
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 2

You can disable the wireless. I can from within UNMS for sure.

Established Member

seems the web UI needs to catch up then.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 406
Solutions: 31

@FuzzyDice, webui always has all the possible features and options to configure. You can disable radio on wireless page. Which firmware version you are using at the moment?

wireless.png
Established Member

Lol....my wife has always accused me of being blind and I never believed her. Sorry for the bother.

Kudos: 2

[ Edited ]

Is it also possible to switch wifi on and off scheduled? Like on from 8 to 5 Monday to Friday?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Scheduling is not currently implemented.
Kudos: 2

Do you know, is it planned to be implemented? And if yes, any idea when?

Ubiquiti Employee

It is not currently planned to be implemented, but we'll consider it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry to necro an older thread, but I'm VERY interested disabling the radio on a shedule. If that's not worked on or in the roadmap, is it possible to block traffic spcifically from the 2.4 radio in the firewall (preferablly between certain hours?)

I know how I can make this work with a stand alone AP and a router, but the cube would be a perfect one stop for my situation if I can find a way to have a timed block on use/connection to a specific radio.

Thank you,

Andrew

Established Member

That would be really easy to do with a custom script through SSH. Oh wait.......no SSH either.

Ubiquiti Employee

As mentioned in several other threads, SSH is being considered for a future release once we have addressed the current product issues.
Solutions: 1

I wireless.pngdisabled my aircube isp wifi by using UNMS app like u recommended(see picture), but after that when i tried to enable the wifi, UNMS is unable to dicover my aircube and the wifi SSID is not vissible on my phone. I am still able to connect to the web by ethernet via the aircube isp. what can i do to enable the wifi ? thanks.

Highlighted
Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

@hello251 wrote:

I wireless.pngdisabled my aircube isp wifi by using UNMS app like u recommended(see picture), but after that when i tried to enable the wifi, UNMS is unable to dicover my aircube and the wifi SSID is not vissible on my phone. I am still able to connect to the web by ethernet via the aircube isp. what can i do to enable the wifi ? thanks.

I responded to your question in the other post you made.