Established Member
Kudos: 465
Solutions: 12

Major airCube issue, no support, no option!

It's been more than a month without firmware release.

Usually that won't be a big deal, but for such recent product with bug inside, it is.

The thread that was discussing about the major wifi issue has been locked, without anything new for us.

As of now there is a lot of issues with airCube, UNMS, webUI and the app.

I cannot use them as I should and it take a while to setup when I succed to configure without corrupting the device.

I have broken device that I need to RMA, but I was waiting to try a firmware update first.

Since I cannot downgrade, I have to wait.

There is no option to know when the config is corrupt because there is no ssh and the sup file is encrypted.

The sup file can only be download via the webUI, and for those like me that are using VLANs with the cube and unms, you know it's not working really well.

I deploy alot of them this past month and I am starting to be scary.

This forum is too much silent for a such new product like the airCube.

I am alone?

Regards,

iLevac

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2099
Solutions: 324

Re: Major airCube issue, no support, no option!

Future firmware releases are on the way, and we have discussed internally about adding more developers to this project. I locked that thread as I have no new information to give on that issue at this time, and we are well aware of what the issue is. As soon as I have more information it will be reopened. If you have a device that needs to be RMA'd, then please RMA it and we will replace it. I understand your frustration at this point as the product is not doing what you expect, but we do try our best to support our users as you can see in this and other forum sections. Just like you I want to see airCube delivering on its potential and am personally committed to achieving that.
Established Member
Kudos: 204
Solutions: 8

Hi @UBNT-SNK,

I wish Ubiquiti hadn't EOL'd the Airrouter HP when this cube wasn't ready for prime-time.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found the problem! It was the interface between the seat and the keyboard."
Ubiquiti Employee

@tuckerdog Understood, unfortunately I can't change that.
Established Member
Kudos: 51

@UBNT-SNK wrote:
at this point as the product is not doing what you expect, but we do try our best to support our users as you can see in this and other forum sections

Not being able to provide basic WiFi connectivity would fall under "not meeting the expectations of anybody" instead of "what you expect" for a product which is sold as a WiFi router.

It has been 7 months since I first reported this problem on this forum. Seven months. If this is your "best" then it is both not nearly good enough and a big disappointment.

At this point you need to clearly communicate to us, the purchasers of this defective product, whether this product will be fixed in a prompt firmware update or you will be issuing refunds and compensation for promoting and selling a product which you have known to be defective since at least February of 2018.

Kudos: 5

Locking the thread for whatever reason could be seen by many as an attempt to hide or mask the issue.  I dont think that was a smart move. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@Ron I understand your frustration here, and the Wi-Fi issue is being worked on. I cannot however promise you a date when it will be fixed as of today. To my knowledge this issue has been experienced by a minority of users in certain conditions.

@craski the thread is still publicly viewable, I am merely trying to keep it manageable for our development team.
Established Member

@UBNT-SNK wrote:
@RonI understand your frustration here, and the Wi-Fi issue is being worked on. I cannot however promise you a date when it will be fixed as of today. To my knowledge this issue has been experienced by a minority of users in certain conditions.

@UBNT-SNKThis brings up two questions:

1. Is it the current position of the development team that this is an issue that can be fixed via firmware or does it look like a hardware problem? The answer to this helps us, and many others, determine what the next step is.

2. Are you able to define "certain conditions"? If we know what the conditions are, we can avoid them. Please help us help ourselves.

Established Member

@UBNT-SNK

Yes the thread is still viewable, but without reply, it will go really fast on the second page.

This way new aircube user won't notice this major issue.

I don't understand why there is still no new release since 2.4.0 B3. It's been more than 40 days since the last update, and you cannot promise a release date, that's probably mean there is nothing close to be ready for beta.

There is a lot of missing features and stability issues with the aircube, but at least since the beginning of the aircube lauch the update pace was really good, this is why I trusted the product.
However, I can't say that anymore.

Regards,
iLevac

Ubiquiti Employee

@Ron

1. Looks to be firmware.
2. I don't have the exact conditions when this occurs, but I will ask the team to clarify.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 141

On 2018-09-04 was released the v2.4.0 (final).

Established Member

@UBNT-Kaleda

Correct, but since there is no modification between 2.4.0B3 and final, it’s not really a release. It’s a renaming of B3 into final.

My point is there is no release since B3 that has improved the airCube. Now the forum has gone silent, it is really scary.

Regards,

iLevac

Kudos: 72
Solutions: 5

airCube is not targeting retail users, so I guess it is no surprise the forum is silent. Viewing posts in these few weeks, posts often related to large deployment, and not many technician will post their work here.

Established Member

@hazuki

Even for large deployment, it has to be here, it’s the only support for ubnt product.

When I say silent, I mostly think about ubnt staff, and release pace, not users.

Ubiquiti Employee

As far as staff, we are around. I am hoping to firm up the release schedule soon.
Kudos: 1

@hazuki wrote:

airCube is not targeting retail users...

Then which Ubiquiti access points is intended for retail users?

Those dishes that must be mounted on ceiling or wall? How to hide cable without repainting the room?

Amplifi? Additional 50€ for big round display that does not work in bridge mode anyway?

Therefore for me as home user the AirCube AC was the only option. It works perfectly, it is stable and even looks very good placed on black upright piano. And WiFi range is stunning compared to my previous ASUS RT-N56U.

Ubiquiti Employee

AmpliFi is our retail Wi-Fi solution, yes. airCube is intended for the ISP.
Established Member

@UBNT-SNK wrote:
@Ron

2. I don't have the exact conditions when this occurs, but I will ask the team to clarify.

And so?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 141

"The certain conditions" means that in our testlab we do not reproduce the issue. We are working with some customers and analyse their support file. We have seen some reports that their problems are solved with the v2.4.0 firmware.

If you are still experiencing issues - please PM me with support file taken ASAP when this issue happen.

Kudos: 73
Solutions: 3

Still broken for us on 2.4. Client reboots the device before we can get support file. Happens almost daily.