Kudos: 19

Mising functionality to replace AirRouter: SSH, Site Survey, difficult 1st login

Hello,

we have just started to deploy the airCube instead of the AirRouterHP and the 1st thing that popps up is the missing SSH login and also I have no means of doing a site survey by the looks of it to check if the customer has any other funky devices in his range that could cause issues.

There are more issues I noticed for example the config file is gzipped and looks part binary and part text and also the unique password for each device.......... not yet sure how to provision them automated.

UBNT, SSH and the Site Survey missing is a HUGE issue.

Regards

Jan P.

Kudos: 19

Re: Mising functionality to replace AirRouter: SSH, Site Survey, difficult 1st login

I also just realised that I can not even see the signal levels and modulation of client stations connected. Thats also a real issue.

Regards

Jan P.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2091
Solutions: 323

Re: Mising functionality to replace AirRouter: SSH, Site Survey, difficult 1st login

Have you looked at UNMS for provisioning these devices?
Highlighted
Established Member
Kudos: 397
Solutions: 54

@snoozer  You can see the RSSI for each connected device in the aircube by hovering your mouse cursor over the wireless "signal strength" icon.

@UBNT-SNK  UNMS doesn't solve any of the mentioned shortcomings except that it shows connected device RSSI more obviously than the aircube web UI does.  UNMS doesn't at this point have any facility to automate provisioning of new devices, just provides another interface to what you can do via the devices web UI.

SeaKay Broadband
http://seakaybroadband.net