Re: SSH

Bmarc do you speak of a firmware version that allowed ssh do you know what it is?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

SSH is not supported at this time.
Ubiquiti Employee

Also, to clarify, SSH was not enabled in a previous version of firmware.
Kudos: 77

I do vaguely remember logging into an early airCube using SSH..

Also there is still a trace of it in airCube configurations (.cfg files which are actually .tar.gz archives generated when you click on 'Download configuration') which to this day still contain a "dropbear" file:

config dropbear 'sshd'
option enable 0
option PasswordAuth 'on'
option RootPasswordAuth 'on'
option Port '22'

For those who don't know dropbear is an small open-source ssh implementation often used on embedded systems- see https://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html

Kudos: 39
Solutions: 1

Yah, 

I have noticed this as well but modifying it doesnt do anything because the server is not enabled. This is becoming irritating as it really ties the hands of the people purchasing these products. Especially those of us who are buying these in bulk. 

We have formally begun looking into other hardware specifically for this reason. The fact that you cant even use the terminal in the UNMS to get into the devices we own to make them work the way we want is becoming a tad bit suspicious.

I have hundreds of these in the field and will be buying thousands of routers for my customers in the next year. I can no longer continue endorsing them to my board of directors because of this rootimentary limitation which is not being addressed. It is not a large change on ubnt's end to allow us access to our own equipment and clearly they are not responding to the clear need we have for it.

Ubiquiti Employee

@RonnRegional this and other feature requests are currently pending behind us fixing a known Wi-Fi association issue. As soon as that is complete we will be able to provide more clarity on this and other features.