Emerging Member
Kudos: 9

Stations Disconnecting and Refusing to Reconnect

Two customers have called in in the last day or so saying that they have no internet. They cannot connect to their wifi. It tells them that the WPA2 is incorrect. We reboot the router and they are able to reconnect. Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Stations Disconnecting and Refusing to Reconnect

We have been having this issue for 3 weeks now, customers constantly having to reset the cubes (anywhere from 4 times a week to 3 times a day). Apparently it's a known issue with no fix or eta of a fix.

We have over 100 of them deployed (running 2.4.0) and honestly we may have to start swapping them out with another brand as early as next week as to not lose customers. Swapping of cubes has been hit and miss, sometimes it fixes the issue and sometimes not.

Not Impressed.
Kudos: 159
Solutions: 27

I have gotten calls about this issue. It has only appeared on Apple devices though. I upgraded to 2.4.0 and haven't gotten any more complaints. Time will tell.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2091
Solutions: 323

This is being worked on but I do not have a date for the fix at this time.
Emerging Member

Just happened again to another router right now. Only Apple products are disconnecting. Brand-new customer as well. Fortunately we are sitting on AirRouters just in case. Man, really wish you guys were still making those ones!

Emerging Member

2.4 did not fix for me but glad it's working for you! cheers!

SuperUser
Kudos: 3915
Solutions: 357

Are all of these units powered by a 24V 1A injector if PoE passthrough is enabled?
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.

@WisTech wrote:
Are all of these units powered by a 24V 1A injector if PoE passthrough is enabled?

No,  24V .5A injector. I would think the CPE would show symptoms if the AirCube was underpowered.

Switch the wifi to 20mhz wide only for the 2.4 band. This will fix the issue with Apple devices not connecting.

All of ours are yes. 24v 1amp ubiquiti injectors
SuperUser

@Brohamjebodias wrote:

@WisTech wrote:

No,  24V .5A injector. I would think the CPE would show symptoms if the AirCube was underpowered.

There is a post in the Official Ubiquti ISP Professionals User Group on Facebook where a user who had issues switched to a 1A injector and problems disappeared completely.  Low wattage injectors were causing wireless lock ups where the ACB had to be rebooted.

Tony Pierro

@FullThrottle wrote:
Switch the wifi to 20mhz wide only for the 2.4 band. This will fix the issue with Apple devices not connecting.

I set all of mine to 20mhz wide 2.4 already and am seeing Apple devices disconnect with WPA2 password errors.

Just apple or all devices? We see all devices getting that password error which requires a frequent reset. We would see some devices but not others when using auto or 40mhz only.

The only complaints I've had on my network is from Apple users.
Emerging Member

Just wanted to pop on here and say that another new AirCube we deployed is suffering from this. It does not matter what kind of device (Android, Apple, other,) they are losing connectivity and refusing to reconnect without a reboot.

I know you guys are working on this, and I speak for everyone when I say we are trying to be patient, but this is a really big deal. Without access to AirRouters, these are our only options through Ubiquiti. Having new customers call in a day after installation to tell us their internet is not working is completely unacceptable when our network is running just fine. If you're going to release buggy hardware you could at least provide us with alternative hardware to use in the meantime.

Emerging Member

Yes, these are all powering up radios with the 24v POE OUT option

SuperUser

@Xiervak wrote:

Yes, these are all powering up radios with the 24v POE OUT option

With what injector though?

Tony Pierro
Kudos: 332
Solutions: 92

If this turns out to be a POE based issue, we have to have go back to every AirCube and buy a 1A POE brick...

... that's going to be a massive problem for us :-(

@UBNT-SNK You really have no updates at all? Not even a feeling about it? A sense of direction? You've given that update since way back when you were on holiday. Surely things have moved on since then in terms of at least understanding the problem (no comment to fixing it).

Regards,

Ross.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2091
Solutions: 323

There are two very separate issues here. First, make sure you have enough power budget in your PoE supply to power the airCube and the CPE. The power consumption for both of these are in their data sheets. Second, if you are seeing the software issue that some others on the forum are, I believe we can recreate the issue but I do not have a date for it to be fixed in an airCube software release at this time. As soon as I do I will update this thread.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 28

Hi UBNT-SNK.

We have just under 100 Aircubes deployed, with most of them powering Litebeams.

We have gone back, and installed ubiquiti 1amp 24V PoE bricks at all our installs to eliminate any power trouble possibilities.

We are running: UNMS 0.13.0, AirCube 2.4.0.

Symptoms: 

AirCube-ISP will run fine for a few days, then customers are reporting they are either:

A) Connected to Aircube WiFi, but no traffic can pass through

B) Cannot connect to AirCube WiFi, says invalid password/authentication error or similar error

Power cycle always solves the issue temporarily. (Memory leak?)

I was able to reproduce issue A at my test lab after a few days of being online.

Another member suggested disabling the UNMS agent on the aircubes. We are quite desparate (lots of frustrated customers), so we are trying this today on all our AirCubes

If there is anything I can collect to help your team just let me know.

Or if there is some sort of change or feature we should disable until the next release fixes this please also let us know Man Happy