UNMS Failure to upgrade airCubes in AP Mode

[ Edited ]

So we have some aircube ISP's deployed and I have a long standing issue where UNMS can see and provision the aircubes in AP and Router mode. But it fails to upgrade all the ones in Access Point mode even tho I can change all other settings from UNMS. I assumed every passing firmware update would correct thise failures but to date that has not changed.

Any suggestions on this as there seems to be no SSH access in the pipeline and I dont want to have to visit every site for upgrades.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2094
Solutions: 324

Re: UNMS Failure to upgrade airCubes in AP Mode

@UBNT-Jindrich does this sound like a UNMS issue?

Im not sure but the airCubes are connected to litebeams and powerbeams that are in router mode. I can manipulate all the settings on the cubes from UNMS but cannot upgrade them. It gives an Unknown Error responce after 5 minutes.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1885
Solutions: 140

Is there a management VLAN configured on these?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1244
Solutions: 245

@wicombah  Hello Wicom. In order to investigate your issue, we will need support info from UNMS and one of the affected airCubes. Please, send the files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Email sent.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1244
Solutions: 245

@wicombah  Hello Wicom. Please try this process: Download the FW file from UNMS and manually apply it on the device through its UI. Does it work? If yes, then the error is in the transmission otherwise either the device or the Firmware is faulty. 

If the previous test didn't work, you can try to download the FW from download.ubnt.com and again apply it manually to the device. If this works then your current file in UNMS is damaged, and if this doesn't work please let me know as this would mean a serious error we need to solve with the highest priority.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!