Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 407
Solutions: 31

Re: Wishes for AirCube's

@mWare, thanks for the feedback. Good to hear that IPTV is working for you well!

Kudos: 179
Solutions: 2

Yup. I haven't tested yet, but I'm presuming if the VLAN is tagged to a port, the native VID is still the LAN?

Also tripped over this problem while testing: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UFiber-GPON/Is-multicast-traffic-supposed-to-go-out-all-PON-ports-Even...

Kudos: 179
Solutions: 2

Here you can see my testing arrangement: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLN4GZFAsxg

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

My wishes for AirCube AC:

• New Settings tab for Guest Network/s (with separate settings for 2.4Ghz and 5GHz band, like for non-guest networks);
  • WPA2-Enterprise PEAP/Radius support;
  • Sheduled WiFi signal broadcasting - Turn On/Off per week days and per hours (see the image below);
  • Setting for limiting maximum number of WiFi Clients per radio (2.4/5GHz). In Router mode, this can be "set" via limiting DHCP scope, but in Bridge mode cannot.

By the way, what is the right number of WiFi clients to guarantee the stable and trouble-free operation of the AirCube? For other brands, the soho models are for 12-27 smartphone-like client devices.

3WiFi Signal Shedule

Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

Any chance we'll see a speedtest to device option from the internet (which our Wisp would find very helpful) and a site survey option in the airCubes? We would definitely benefit from seeing a real world speedtest at the airCube as we'd know exactly what the customer speeds are all the way to the internal network. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2166
Solutions: 335

We have guest network support planned for later this year. Currently scheduled Wi-Fi and a client number limit aren't planned; how important are these to you? The number of clients will depend on the type of traffic they are transmitting, how regularly, and their signal conditions to and from the AP.
Ubiquiti Employee

Currently we are not planning to implement a speedtest in the airCube, and we will have a new method of speedtests available soon.
Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

OK, let me ask this: How many concurrent smartphone WiFi users with mostly Facebook/Youtube traffic AirCube support without system blocking? They are all at a distance of 10 meters with direct visibility to the device.

1. Scheduled Wi-Fi is important for all home users, because high level of radio waves are bad for sleeping and overall human health. All soho access points must have this function!

2. This can be useful for parents, limiting their kids internet usage via UNMS app.

Restricting client number is important for deployment scenarios when many people are gathered in one place, in the range of access point and the AP blocks, because of the very high number of concurrent WiFi connections.

Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

@UBNT-Kaleda

Any chance while working on the firewall portion of v2.3.0 a toggle to disable NAT could be injected at that time?

NAT.PNG

[Current Feature Requests]

USG Static Host Record in DNS Forwarder
Ubiquiti Employee

We don't have a client number for that as it still depends on many different factors. All I can say is that performance in that regard should match other home Wi-Fi APs.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 141
Solutions: 8

I suppose you want to have static route capability, before turning NAT off ?
Kudos: 24

Hi All,

There have been a lot of great ideas aired. If they all could be done, there could/probably would be another list.

My needs are simple. I would like the unit to cost much less and be easier to setup the first time.  By this I mean, skip the phone and allow me to simply put one cat 5 cable into a port, go to an address, log in (ubnt/ubnt), and program it.

Gary
Retired from building communication satellites.
Now splitting my time building my WISP business and building my Photography skills and web sites.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 407
Solutions: 31

@garymansperger, we already improved first time setup for airCube devices. BUT your device has to be at least on fw v2.0.0. Starting this fw version airCube is in router mode by default and there is possibility to set new password easily. If your device came with earlier fw version, I would suggest you to upgrade to the latest fw possible, reset your device to defaults and test it once again.

Ubiquiti Employee

To add to what @d_baltrusis says - there is also a configuration web UI as of v2.0.0.
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

@UBNT-Kaleda wrote:
I suppose you want to have static route capability, before turning NAT off ?

@UBNT-Kaleda, I would like to stop using the litebeam as a router and switch it into bridge mode.

I believe the answer to your question is no, not the ability to manually add multiple static routes just a default gateway without masquerade. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here is a screenshot of a litebeam currently working in router mode that I would like to switch into bridge mode and put this below config on the aircube.

litebeam.PNG

[Current Feature Requests]

USG Static Host Record in DNS Forwarder

OK, I will try that. All of the units I have received were v1.xx. Never a 2.xx.
Gary
Now splitting my time building my WISP business and building my Photography skills and web sites.

By the way as long as you are taking a wish list. I wish you had a Norther California Distributor! (Stocking Distributor). I do not like to have to pay an extra $20 or more for shipping from Utah or Ohio or Texas.

Gary
Highlighted
Kudos: 10

[ Edited ]

Separate wi-fi guest access & Wi-fi daily on-off scheduling from UI would be great ! (home use I admit)

Now at least it can be turned on and off from UI, thanks for that !

Ubiquiti Employee

The units that come preloaded with v2.0.0+ are being produced but may not have made it through the distribution pipeline yet.

Are you planning to release a 3x3 radio version?

thank you