Established Member
Kudos: 203
Solutions: 8

Re: Wishes for AirCube's

Hi @d_baltrusis,

Yes...I had already read this.... And?

I don't think that was related to my thoughts...?

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found the problem! It was the interface between the seat and the keyboard."
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 406
Solutions: 31

@tuckerdog, let's clarify if we are talking about the same topic: home user? If yes, you can see that we have it on our feature roadmap and it means that it is planned to be added to our firmware. Just we don't have ETA for this.

Established Member

@d_baltrusis,

"Home user (read only user)"....How would they change what we want them to be able to?

Ubiquiti Employee

@tuckerdog, there will be secondary user with limited access. BUT idea is to give home user options to change simple things like SSID, wifi password, port forward and etc. I believe it is what you are asking for, correct?

Established Member

Hi @d_baltrusis,

Yup...that's it.

Thank-you for clarifying.

Kudos: 65
Solutions: 14

Could you be so kind and activate port based vlans as much as someone want ? now its limited to three and not avalible in bridge mode, but i got a connection with 4 vlans and wand to place a aircube in the middle of the cable so i have to put the vlans tagged on two ports and untagged on 4 wifi interfaces but this is not possible now like its in OpenWRT:

VLAN.png
wifi.png
Established Member

Hi @d_baltrusis,

With regard to the limited customer access to change some settings, could you ask the devs to add the led "ring" on/off and time settings to that.  It seems, no matter what we choose, it's wrong for that particular install...really minor, but they will get it right for themselves.   Man Happy

Ubiquiti Employee

@tuckerdog, I believe this setting will be left for home user to change as well.

Established Member

Hi @d_baltrusis,

When you say "setting will be left", the "super-users" (us) will still have access to the features the "customer-admin" can see and change, correct?

Typical support call in to us..."We have forgotten our wifi password.  Can you tell us what it is, reset/change it?".

There are other things, too.  And make sure their default user name has the word "admin" in it...perception is the only thing.

Ubiquiti Employee

@tuckerdog, I'm pretty sure it will be in your described way, but I would like not to go further with details. We will be able to comment more when actual development will start. Thank you for your patience here!

Established Member
Kudos: 538
Solutions: 48

We are also migrating airRouter/airGateway (Finally) to airCubes and just missing things already mentioned (Vlan, traffic shaping, port forwarding).  The more features carried over from airRouter the better.  We definatly need better statistics in UNMS to use make trouble shooting WISP customers better.  AC2 would be great until UNMS gets better with statistics showing hour by hour, minute by minute usage, signal strength, and everthing else AC2 does.  We have an AC2 instance setup JUST for customer air routers and air gateway, so having a new device on yet another monitoring system is a disadvantage.  We prefer AC2 for airmax type devices, and UNMS for edgemax currently due to AC2's superior statistics

WISP Since 2001 | UniFi Sites >200 | UniFi Video Sites >25
Ubiquiti Employee

@wyopno, there are no plans to support airCube in AC2. If you have any requests or suggestions how to make UNMS better - feel free to post it on UNMS forum, please.

Kudos: 4

I would like to add a vote for scheduling wifi on the roadmap. It would be great to be able to leave the aircube connected and schedule the availability of the wifi signal. Trying to balance the needs of kids versus significant others ;o)

Ubiquiti Employee

@mjemnt, your request is noted.

Hi, now in a mesh configuration if I use the 5Ghz card as REPEATER the customer can connect only to the 2.4 Ghz network. it will be possible in the future to share with the customers also the 5GHZ network?

Thank you

Kudos: 2

+1 for WiFi scheduling.

[ Edited ]

Hi guys, 

We are looking at an alternative to the AirGateway which is now EOL (confirmed in the thread below) - we are looking for an alternative. 

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-Wireless-Networking/airGateway-LR-EOL-Alternatives/td-p/2301775

I see traffic shaping is on the roadmap, this is a real neccessity for us for 150+ devices. Are there any ETA's on this feature at all even on BETA? 

Thanks 

Ubiquiti Employee

@jpodmore, we don't have ETA on traffic shaping at this moment.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

is there any ETA for at least site survey? This work perfectly in airgateways, rockets,nanostations.. and then airview - the best thing to diagnose problems. One can see also alarms, babysittings and the other stuff on 2.4Ghz. I fancy all new NBE/PBE/Prism series because they are capable to scan while still communicating. Without this feature, aircube is one of the most expensive wifi access points with minimum of functions on the market.. There are better TPLinks for half price, already supporting guest wifi, wifi timer, firewall, portforward, WDS repeating.. There are Miktotik wAP series having all features of RouterOS. Yet they have hEX series with POE passthru detecting connected device via resistance. At least huge chance that if customer misconnect something, LAN ports will survive.. And all of us know, that all customers time to time do things like cleaning and misconnecting cables.
I can't simply see reason why company like UBNT, capable of doing wifi devices at the edge of possibilities, produced home gateway which is beautifull, but lacks all that high end stuff we are used to. And there is another thing i simply can't understand - when you have fully working AirOS system for PBE/NBE/Rockets, what was the reason to start new aircube firmware? CPU seems to be the same - ar934x.

Thanks for reply.

Kudos: 1

+1 for Wifi Scheduling...

Thanks