08-12-2018 02:30 AM
Hello to everybody.
Recently i bought and airCube-ISP. After playing some time with it, i cannot tell the airCube is a complete product from software side. I think that lacks of many futures that i hope @ubnt will solve in future firmware updates, because its an amazing device in performance.
Notice that my airCube has more range than my outdated UAP 2,4Ghz legacy device.
I will make a list with some thoughts on what should be implemented in airCube, but always taking into account that maybe some of that futures not possible by hardware limitations.
1. All Ports should be able to work as normal Switch ports with option to shutdown if not in hardware mode, in software mode.
2. Admin to be able to block wireless clients by adding them on a mac filtering or whatever called (e.g block list)
3. Admin must to be able to traffic shape a wireless client but not with compicated terms as (ingress, engress speed, etc.). Just a per client upload-download setting (in kbps) should be more than enough.
4. Main Dashboard on WEBGui monitors all the traffic passes from the airCube at the moment that UNMS iOS app, monitors the wireless traffic. I think there should be an option or a dual monitor graph. At the moment WEBGui and UNMS iOS app are not the same.
5. On airCube WEBGui under the traffic monitor graph, there is a list of connected clients. There are NOT and option to KICK a client. On UNMS iOS app there is an option to Tap select a connected client and KICK him. I know that after a while the client connected again. Normaly after a KICK option on a client should automatically to be added to a Block list as described in my thought No 2.
6. The Client list should be as is in terms of styling. The Block-unBlock option should appear as a small icon aside of client's mac address, until admin unblock them. At the same side can be the per client upload-download limitations.
7. Adding an option to change the WEBGui port. 443 HTTPS port works fine, but what if you want to have 2 same devices on the same network and you have to port forward the same 443 for both of them? In my case in order to access my routers WEBGui (ISP not allow 80 port to be accessed) i'm doing SSH Tunneling via putty and from Firefox i'm accessing the router as "LAN" device by typing it IP address.
Keep up with your amazing products guys...
09-01-2018 07:43 PM
@UBNT-SNKI enjoy how the AirCube has matured over the past (now) year. Congratulations and thank you for your effort.
I would like to see a AC Mini version (with two 1Gbps LAN ports) to extend wireless coverage inside the home. Could be a slimmer box, ceiling-mount disc with 48V PoE, or another useful design. Thank you!
09-08-2018 05:14 PM
Is there already a date for the next feature update known?
My biggest hopes:
Firewall (What kind? Packet Filter, SPI...?) Or is there already one active in the background?
More 5GHz Channels - at least U-NII-2A (52-64).
Repeater Mode: Broadcast both frequencies like a normal Repeater, yes I know it halves the bandwidth of the repeated net.
Repeater Mode: Support for networks from 3rd party routers (Aircube acting like a Client... Universal Repeater Mode)
Otherwise I (and my customers) are very satisfied with the little cube.
09-08-2018 06:44 PM
You know i gave this some thought and what id love to see is a linkup to a pbx with the ability to assign a port as a POTS output for phone service. Since the RJ11 male connector fits into an RJ45 female port. Having the capability to offer VOIP phone service via a (ubnt please make one someday.. ) PBX and a group of DIDs. Not having to connect a grandstream POTS conversion box to the aircube to do this would be awesome. Then the aircube would be a one and done device for internet and phone for WISP providers.
09-09-2018 08:05 PM
Hi, would it be possible to add a feature/button to kick wirelessly connected devices? Ive got a pretty strong password on my aircube AC at home but for some reason i keep seeing devices connected that are unidentified(all devices in my home are Labelled as in "myphone" "wifes phone" "kids tablet" etc... but i keep seeing a device that i cant identify, and there is no way to kick or block the mac address. If that is something that could be added that'd be wonderful!
Other then this the aircube has been perfoming great!
thanks very much!
09-09-2018 08:08 PM
09-19-2018 06:17 PM
A simple username and password authentication will do, for enhance security on guest network. Not for billing purpose, but yeah for some reason I am not really using AirCube in a residential environment. I use it at my office instead for SOHO.
And btw there is bug on the latest firmware when I tried to change the IP address on static bridge mode. It wont allow me to change to other subnet, since my network is not on 192.168.1.1 subnet. Please check on this, thank you.