Established Member
Kudos: 171
Solutions: 24

Re: airCube ISP stock?

And they are still out of stock.  Any updates?  Are we the only ones having a problem with this?

@UBNT-Tony

@UBNT-SNK

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 2

Seems to be no supply in the US or Canada

Established Member

We're just finishing up a big relay site and will be ready to start installing a bunch of new customers this weekend to pay for it. 

But we have two airCubes on the shelf.  And no updates regarding delivery.

I was expecting that our vendors would have them by now, but it looks as if we're going to have to order from the Ubiquiti Store again.  But it takes several days for them to ship, the airCubes are more expensive, and shipping is more expensive and much slower.

Ubiquiti, can we get some answers???

@UBNT-Tony

@UBNT-SNK

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 17

Same issue
Emerging Member
Kudos: 6
Solutions: 1

Mad5 Same issue

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 28

Checked with our team for the latest info and it looks like we are shipping and will continue to ship as products becomes available.

Just as a reminder, store.ubnt.com does have stock.

Established Member

@UBNT-Tony

Does this mean that you just started shipping? 

When do expect vendors to receive airCubes? 

Why does the Ubiquiti store have stock when none of the vendors do?

The products don't matter if we can't purchase it.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

Yes, we have and will continue to ship, but it will depend on where you are in the preorder line at the distributors location as products are received, I'd imagine distributors shipping with FIFO in mind.

The store has always been in stock for the past year to make sure you guys are taken care of whenever channel is out for those emergency installs or whatever the case may be. 

Kudos: 4

The ubiquiti store doesn’t help us in the UK though does it. 

I finally got one of my back orders through so I am ok for stock for a few weeks now but am wondering if I should place an order for what I need after that now or will the supply chain be sorted out by then? 

Nick

Established Member

@UBNT-Tony

Thanks for the replies Tony.  The more that we understand about the supply chain the better we can deal with it.

We don't preorder anything - with episodes like this happening we would be in limbo for a long time.

Again, why is it that the Ubiquiti store has stock and NONE of the major vendors habe been able to get stock in in over a MONTH?

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

I still think theres a lot of people that dont know that our store is available and will always have stock. Will you help us get the word out? Man Happy

When a shipment comes in we'll allocate a certain qty to the store/ partners and with proper store forecasting, we've been pretty good at keeping the store always in stock at all times. 

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 2

not on all products even your store has stocking issues 

Established Member

@UBNT-Tony  If I find a steady source the last thing that I want to do is reveal it!   Man Happy

There have been plenty of other times when stock wasn't available anywhere, including the Ubiquti store.

Are all of the vendors just doing a poor job of projecting demand?  I've been gnawing on some and they tell me that they are ordering as much as they can.

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

Some just prefer to react to demands, were definitely not perfect here as well since you are seeing some items out of stock on our store, but we will be!

We have a large team dedicated to making sure stock is always available for the channel, especially through our store. I appreciate all the feedback!

Established Member

@UBNT-Tony   We can deal with using the store as a backup even if it's more expensive and slower to ship.

So it looks as if the major vendors are just not making good order projections so I'll chew on them about that. 

Thanks!

From the forum rules:
Ubiquiti Employee

@nickb512

Thanks for the feedback in regards to the UK, we are looking at different ways to help out with stock in your region as well.

Good to hear that your distributor recently received stock and shipped you some of the inventory. Not knowing how much the distributor have on order or will place their next order with us, I'd recommend to place your order on how you see fit based on your current and future projects.

-Tony

Kudos: 48
Solutions: 6

[ Edited ]

If you look at our product pages we show how much stock we have in right now, plus we show dates of stock coming in which has been confirmed as available.  (We are happy to take pre-orders against that stock coming in, just call or email)

We do aim to have stock in all of the time, but there are multiple reasons why this might not be the case.

We ship container loads of stock direct from Ubiquiti, there are many products on each order, if a product is not available when the container has to leave then we cannot delay the whole container for one line, this can mean that the product has to wait for our next container.

Sometimes we can then airship that product when it is available, but that is expensive, and causes the price to increase.

We plan so that we should still have some stock left when the new stock arrives, however if the shipment is delayed due to production, or even the ship changing route, or a sudden large demand for a product then we can sometimes sell out before the new stock arrives.

If you have ideas of when you need things and can't see the info on our website then please get in touch and we can give you the latest information.

Hope that helps

Nick

Nick Shore
LinITX.com - MultiThread Consultants
Get your Ubiquiti gear: http://linitx.com/category/1038
Official UK UBNT Master Distributor
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1860
Solutions: 138

Just heard that our backordered ACB-ISPs are expected to ship on November 2nd.

Established Member

Another week and STILL no stock.  @UBNT-Tony  @UBNT-SNK

Back to the more expensive Ubiquiti Store with the more expensive shipping and slow shipping.   Man Sad

From the forum rules:
Established Member

Argh!  Now the airCube ACs are out of stock!   @UBNT-Tony   @UBNT-SNK

From the forum rules: