Kudos: 415
Solutions: 1

airCube Management VLAN Access in BridgeMode

I've got an issue with accessing the Management IP when the airCube is operating in Bridge Mode.

With the old air[Gateway / Router], when I put it in bridge mode it sends responses to the Management IP out the management VLAN / network.

With the airCube the only way I can get into the Management IP is by being physically on the management VLAN or NATing myself to an IP on that network.

It doesn't look like I can SSH into the airCube so I can't take a look at it's routing table.

Network diagram attached.Untitled.png

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Re: airCube Management VLAN Access in BridgeMode

@UBNT-James can you take a look at this one?

Anyone have any insight?  

Established Member
Kudos: 457
Solutions: 12

I'm also using the airCube in bridge mode with both Data and Management VLAN.

It depend how your firewall is configured for inter vlan routing.

I am using a ZBF and put the management vlan in my "admin" zone.

The easy way if you have to go in the airCube management VLAN from Internet is to setup a VPN on that VLAN.

Regards,

iLevac

None of this traffic is going over the Internet, our networks and firewall policies are well established, and I'm not having this issue with the airGateway/airRouter in bridged mode.  It's only the airCube.

In the below scenarios all management access is occuring from a seperate subnet, and the management and internet VLANs are on different subnets.

If I dump traffic on the radio before the airGateway/Router/Cube in route mode I see the management traffic heading to the device on the Management VLAN, and the return traffic heads back over the "wan" VLAN.

With the airGateway/Router in bridge mode I see the management traffic heading to the device, and then the return traffic heading back over the management interface.

With the airCube in bridge mode I see the management traffic heading to the device, but I don't see *any* return traffic.   It's acting like theres no route setup on the airCube.

Hey UBNT - where does a fix for this significant management issue fall on the updated roadmap?

While the unit is in bridged mode you need to specify a static route with your target network going out the LAN interface.

static route bridge mode.PNG
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

@scfitzgesw let me check on this one.