Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1774
Solutions: 274

Re: airCube Wifi issue

Yes, this is absolutely being investigated.
Kudos: 138
Solutions: 1

I managed to pull out support. Version 2.3.1 (latest). I'll send it now

Having the same issue here,

Tested it on three different providers,  Spectrum, At&t and LightSpeed.

Hope we get a fix for this, its hurting right now. I have 30 airCubes out there that I hope I don't have to swap.

Highlighted

Having the same issues with my aircube devices too.  Plz help.

Thx in advance.

Kudos: 25

I have this issue too. After multiple days of uptime, some of my aircubes kick off all of their customers and give them the "invalid password" error when trying to connect. A reboot fixes it. One of my customers had it happen 3 times already in the last 3 months. 

I haven't been able to notice a consitent timeline or chain of events that triggers it. It just seems to occur after more than a week of uptime. 

Kudos: 1

Hello,

I have the same issue with my ACB-AC not using UNMS. Its running in router Mode with pppoe FTTH Fiber. Latest firmware 2.3.1

Wifi stops working, but ssid its visible.

Connected stations still linked in wifi but cant access internet. Tryed connecting new device and cant connect.

After a reboot all work again, but this is the third time i manually reboot ACB the las 15 days. 

Also i have to mention that my unit get very very hot in the base so i used rubber feet to get some space under It... But still i think is too hot to the touch. Can anyone confirm this is normal?

I dont know if this related to the wifi issue but at least i think you may know.

Regards

Ubiquiti Employee

Guys, as I mentioned above this issue is being worked on. I do not have a confirmed date when a fix will be available at this time, but I will aim to update this thread as that develops.

@pablogg how hot is 'very very hot'?
Kudos: 20
Solutions: 2

Hi team,

I have an AirCube ISP that will not authenticate any stations now, it was partially, but now none. We tried different channels and changed the password as well.

I have a .sup file available if it's of any interest.

Kudos: 1

Thank you @UBNT-SNK i hope you can fix the wifi issue soon...

About temperature, i can´t say exactly because i haven't the equipment to measure it precissely... will try to borrow a IR thermometer and test it.. But i can say when the ACB was over the desk without the rubber feet, after hour or days when i had to reboot it for the wifi issue, i almost cant handle it for long because of the hot base and had to grab it from the sides... and at the first ACB crashes it made me think were temperature related...

I don´t know if you have any thermal sensors inside that you can see in the support file...  i can send you the file if you like.

Thank you.

Kudos: 20
Solutions: 2

Okay, an update about one of our customer’s AirCube ISP, we attempted to connect to it with no authentication set, it still won’t work. I will RMA that unit. Let me know if you want info for it.

Kudos: 138

better tell the customer to buy a fire extinguisher just in case. Smiley Tongue

aircube-feature-sleek-design01.jpg

Ubiquiti Employee

@beyondwireless Ok, let me know if you have any issue with the RMA.

@pablogg @tech53 I have never seen a unit get hot enough to cause any issues, even under prolonged use. This is not a problem.
Kudos: 2

Can we get an update on this issue? Has a cause been identified? Is there anything we can do to mitigate the chances of this happening? Is it related to power supply or Poe passthrough? Will turning off the password protection stop it?

Ubiquiti Employee

I do not have an update on this issue yet as some of the team is out of the office. It is being actively worked on and as soon as we have more information we will update. From what I understand PoE passthrough and password protection are not related to this issue.
Kudos: 332
Solutions: 92

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-SNK I realise you might not be able to answer.

Is the feeling this is a software issue, or a hardware issue?

What I am thinking is - do I keep swapping the units for the customers to end up with a stack of faulty ones to bulk RMA. OR, if it's likely to be a software fix I can just ask customers to be patient (or swap for the ones where patience has been exhasuted).

Regards,

Ross.

Hey @UBNT-SNK - any update on this situation.

This issue has really hurt this week. End customer perception is that our "service" requires regular router reboots.

If there will be BETA firmware to test a fix for this, I would like to know how to get it now the Beta section is closed.

Regards,

Ross.

@d_baltrusis Any fixes for this in the new Beta?

I see:

• New: wireless drivers update

Which could mean lots of things.

Either way, it would be good to know the latest status on this issue please. Fully understand the previous updates about it being holiday season... but... any kind of update would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ross.

Established Member
Kudos: 50

We are all with rosswuk on this. We are getting constant calls from clients reporting that their Internet is offline.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 5

Hello All:

This is the type of issue and way of handling it where UBNT has a pattern of misuse of this forum.

Because, even if the issue is initially reported through the forum discussions ( and this is an advantage of having real time real life real people feeding the threads on what's important for us ) after the initial posts, you can see easily that this is a type of issue that deserves an approach more structured and with escalation options within the UBNT Team.  As opposed to the casual-normal way in which UBNT staff OPT-IN to address one or another post.

It is true that UBNT staff has informed us through the forum and through this post, that they are working on the issue and they have also refered us some additional related information.  BUT THEY HAVE NOT given us a window of time to solve the issue, nor have they given us a sense of escalation so we may know how high a priority this has within the many development issues they deal with for new and up and coming products. As far as I have read on the verious posts, they have not informed if they yet know if it is a software or hardware issue.

More IMPORTANT, a few people have posted some specific scenarios which affect in various ways and some that may be a solution but no one in UBNT has taken up those posts and said FOR EXAMPLE: "WE ARE GOING TO DO A LAB SETUP ON THIS INPUT AND WILL CONFIRM OR DENY IF THIS IS A POSSIBLE WORKARROUND..."

SO, my question to UBNT is if we can use this thread as a basis for improving the way UBNT scalates serious prevailing and wide spread issues, after a series of posts show enoug information to merit this.  THen the correct way to follow up would be for UBNT to regularly post progress reports or requests for more information as they troubleshoot the issue. And int this aspect, it is of high value for us the clients to know possible timeframes based on if it is a hardware or software issue, or any other factor that may allow all to have timeframe information to make our decisions.

I hope @ubnt can post a proactive reply on this.

thanks,

Ubiquiti Employee

Sorry for the lack of replies here guys, I have been and still am out of the office. I did not mean to leave you all hanging on this is issue and I know it's important. For context I have escalated this issue directly with the development team and we are regularly discussing how to reproduce, fix and communicate on this problem. I am sorry if the posts in this thread gave the impression that we were not being proactive, but this is absolutely not the case. I am unable to give a window of time on when this issue will be resolved because it is still being worked on, and there are many possible solutions which are being investigated right now. At the present time I believe it to be a software issue which should be solvable in a free update. I am working with the team as we speak to get all of you the clearest picture as to what is going on and how and when we will solve it.

My apologies for the delay and I appreciate your understanding as we work to improve the product and our communication. Thank you.