Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1459
Solutions: 207

Re: airCube Wifi issue

Yes, this is absolutely being investigated.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 131
Solutions: 1

I managed to pull out support. Version 2.3.1 (latest). I'll send it now

Having the same issue here,

Tested it on three different providers,  Spectrum, At&t and LightSpeed.

Hope we get a fix for this, its hurting right now. I have 30 airCubes out there that I hope I don't have to swap.

Highlighted

Having the same issues with my aircube devices too.  Plz help.

Thx in advance.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 19

I have this issue too. After multiple days of uptime, some of my aircubes kick off all of their customers and give them the "invalid password" error when trying to connect. A reboot fixes it. One of my customers had it happen 3 times already in the last 3 months. 

I haven't been able to notice a consitent timeline or chain of events that triggers it. It just seems to occur after more than a week of uptime. 

Hello,

I have the same issue with my ACB-AC not using UNMS. Its running in router Mode with pppoe FTTH Fiber. Latest firmware 2.3.1

Wifi stops working, but ssid its visible.

Connected stations still linked in wifi but cant access internet. Tryed connecting new device and cant connect.

After a reboot all work again, but this is the third time i manually reboot ACB the las 15 days. 

Also i have to mention that my unit get very very hot in the base so i used rubber feet to get some space under It... But still i think is too hot to the touch. Can anyone confirm this is normal?

I dont know if this related to the wifi issue but at least i think you may know.

Regards

Ubiquiti Employee

Guys, as I mentioned above this issue is being worked on. I do not have a confirmed date when a fix will be available at this time, but I will aim to update this thread as that develops.

@pablogg how hot is 'very very hot'?
Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

Hi team,

I have an AirCube ISP that will not authenticate any stations now, it was partially, but now none. We tried different channels and changed the password as well.

I have a .sup file available if it's of any interest.

Thank you @UBNT-SNK i hope you can fix the wifi issue soon...

About temperature, i can´t say exactly because i haven't the equipment to measure it precissely... will try to borrow a IR thermometer and test it.. But i can say when the ACB was over the desk without the rubber feet, after hour or days when i had to reboot it for the wifi issue, i almost cant handle it for long because of the hot base and had to grab it from the sides... and at the first ACB crashes it made me think were temperature related...

I don´t know if you have any thermal sensors inside that you can see in the support file...  i can send you the file if you like.

Thank you.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

Okay, an update about one of our customer’s AirCube ISP, we attempted to connect to it with no authentication set, it still won’t work. I will RMA that unit. Let me know if you want info for it.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 131

better tell the customer to buy a fire extinguisher just in case. Smiley Tongue

aircube-feature-sleek-design01.jpg

Ubiquiti Employee

@beyondwireless Ok, let me know if you have any issue with the RMA.

@pablogg @tech53 I have never seen a unit get hot enough to cause any issues, even under prolonged use. This is not a problem.

Can we get an update on this issue? Has a cause been identified? Is there anything we can do to mitigate the chances of this happening? Is it related to power supply or Poe passthrough? Will turning off the password protection stop it?

Ubiquiti Employee

I do not have an update on this issue yet as some of the team is out of the office. It is being actively worked on and as soon as we have more information we will update. From what I understand PoE passthrough and password protection are not related to this issue.