Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1693
Solutions: 262

airCube closed beta

Hi everyone,

As we make progress on the issues some of you have been seeing with Wi-Fi authentication and traffic passing with airCube, we are planning to release a closed beta by the end of next week. Although we have reproduced these issues in our lab now, the plan with this release is to get feedback on the potential fixes we have put in and some more information from additional debug.

The plan is that after a short time, this release should move to an open beta, dependent on our fix progress.

If you would like to assist with this closed beta release, please post on this thread.

Thanks.

Kudos: 19
Solutions: 2

Re: airCube closed beta

I will participate if we have the ability to roll back firmware.

Established Member
Kudos: 426
Solutions: 12
Kudos: 32
Solutions: 1

I can participate. Over 1000 AirCubes deployed and plenty of issues with them!
SuperUser
Kudos: 8271
Solutions: 1340

[ Edited ]

I'm interested if this is amounts to a feature-set enhancement.  Dave

> HQ in Seacoast region New Hampshire U.S.A.
> Ubiquiti Certified Trainer [UCT] for:
     UBWA [AirMax] / UEWA [UniFi] / UBRSS [routers]
UBNT.NH@gmail.com

If you need some help to test, let me know!

I would like to participate and provide feedback for units that I have in the field provided that I am also able to rollback/ reflash the firmware if need be.

Kudos: 73
Solutions: 2

I'd like to participate as well please

SuperUser
Kudos: 10617
Solutions: 652
Contributions: 1

I'll be happy to try anything you need feedback on.

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Kudos: 76

[ Edited ]

I would be happy to assist however possible. We have 100+ deployed and are having to pull them from the field at a rate of 2+ per week as needed.  All issues are related to WiFi auth. We have tried everything. I’m happy to deploy any firmware that “may” help. At this point if the update fails we are headed there soon to replace the router anyway! Lol But seriously, we really like the aircubes if we could get past this WiFi issue and see some of the much needed airgateway features finally make their way to the cube.

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 3

Quesch? Can you release a new firmware which is just a roll back to older chipset driver? For a quick fix.

Seems like earlier firmware didn't have issues, or perhaps we just didn''t see them then.

I'm sure you already considered, so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 598
Solutions: 18

We can give input but the only issue we are seeing is with Aircube dropping UNMS connection

Kudos: 183
Solutions: 4

I got directed here as we're seeing this issue with a couple of clients on AirCubes -happy to implement the firmware update for those clients to see if it resolves there issue and provide whatever feedback/info I can.

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the interest guys - we are looking to get this out by the end of next week, and I will contact some of you early next week to arrange this.
Kudos: 137
Solutions: 1

I'm in

Kudos: 96
Solutions: 5

sign me up i need this fixed it's a huge pain 

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.
Kudos: 7

@UBNT-SNK I'll  help as well. 

Kudos: 9

Would like to participate in the closed beta as well.   Our CSR agents would greatly appreciate this as we have one particular foul mouthed customer calling in and dropping f-bombs everytime the WiFi issue takes place. Smiley Mad

Kudos: 2

I would like to participate and help any way that I can.

Ubiquiti Employee

I will check on progress with the team and reach out early this week - thanks everyone. We really appreciate your assistance and patience with this one.