Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Re: airCube closed beta

@skytom Got it, thanks.
Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

I replaced most of my network with Tik HaP AC2s after I lost clients to AirCube WiFi problems. I still had some AirCubes in the field waiting on UBNTs fix.  I updated 30 AirCubes to 2.4.1-dev on Saturday. A mix of ISP and ACs. So far I have not had any complaints about the wifi disconnecting, a far cry from the one call a day I was suffering from on 2.4.0. Additionally, only one cube has been power cycled in that time. The rest all have uptimes from the Saturday update. I am hoping the fix is in. Next week I present to a MDU on an Active Ethernet  FTTH buildout. I will show the Ampfli, but still unsure about the aircubes.  So far it is looking better.

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the update @Brohamjebodias.

Everyone - how is your experience with the open beta so far?
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 2

I'd love to see this tagged different for UNMS so we can remotely send it to customers.

Ubiquiti Employee

Did those customer units have a previous beta version on them? We will correct the version numbering in an upcoming open beta release.

Yes they did.

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 3

One customer of ours reported disconnects 1-2 times per day. I managed to upgrade via the GUI with a bit of patience (something seems to delay it from recognising a new beta firmware is there). But I got the upgrade to go through on Jan 27th. Report from today was he has not seen any disconnects since the upgrade. 

Just logged in and double checked. It's an airCube ISP. Uptime is over 4 days.

Ubiquiti Employee

@beebe Great news, thanks for sharing.
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 1

A little late to the show, but I am willing to participate in the beta. We still have 37 cubes in service and about 10 of them sitting on the shelf in my house because we started pulling them out of customers' houses due to the Wifi auth issues and the random issues with passing traffic. We are pulling out about 2 per week and replacing them with TP-Link N300 routers.

I would rather test new firmware on them than roll trucks to all the houses. I'll let you know what we find. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@AASCAdmin You can get the current open beta via UNMS or the firmware update service.
Established Member
Kudos: 319
Solutions: 12

@UBNT-SNK 

Is it possible that the updater in the AC interface will revert back from a beta version to release version?

I updated my office router to F/W 2.4.1 last week and it has run well since then. Today the unit went offline and was not accessible. After cycling the power, the unit was in 2.4.0 FW...

Ubiquiti Employee

@rkelly1 Not that I am aware of, no. Are you sure your NMS didn't push an update to it or something?
Kudos: 25
Solutions: 1

I have 1 business customer in particular that started having problems with all wifi clients getting kicked off, calls dropping randomly, and voip problems like echo and popping. I upgraded their AirCube AC to 2.4.1 but it didn't fix the problems. They still had the same issues the next day. I had the VoIP company check the connection to each phone and they weren't having any connection issues or dropped packets. Some phones were wired and some were wireless.

I swapped out their router with a TP-Link N300 and all the problems went away. That is the only customer I've applied the fix to so far, so I don't have anymore examples yet. They went a full work day on the new firmware and still had all of the same issues before I had to swap their router.

@UBNT-SNK  Any news? 

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

We are preparing an RC version of this open beta to be followed by a public release in the next couple of weeks.

@AASCAdmin these sound like different issues to the one v2.4.1 addresses. Did the new router sit on the same channel as the airCube was using?
Kudos: 5

[ Edited ]

How can i get the latest beta? Im clutching at straws here.

I dont have UNMS

Kudos: 581
Solutions: 65

@Orangetek 

Unless you use UNMS, you can update the firmware directly from the ACB webUI by enabling BETA.

acb.PNG

Majo

Kudos: 5

Thanks. I had it enabled but the wifi issue was stopping it from popping up. Disabling and re enabling wifi temporarily fixes the wifi problem and also brigs the router back online.

Ubiquiti Employee

What do you mean by the Wi-Fi issue was stopping it from popping up?