Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Re: airCube closed beta

An update from me: we are making good progress on this issue thanks in part to some of the data collected as part of this closed beta. I'll reach out to a few more people shortly and hope to have an ETA soon.

In this beta is enabled SSH management with Aircube ISP routers?

Ubiquiti Employee

Please don't post the same thing across multiple threads.
Ubiquiti Employee

For more information on the current state of the beta, see this thread:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airCube/airCube-progress-update/m-p/2580717/thread-id/2007

I asked the same question again here, as they talked about a beta and wanted to know if this beta would include the SSH management, which as I read is a fairly made request.

Ubiquiti Employee

We have a new closed beta build which I will be sending out today.
Kudos: 107
Solutions: 25

I would like to apply to the closed beta program

Kudos: 4

I’d be very happy to be part of the closed Beta.

Kudos: 22

Please include me in the closed beta.

I would also like to participate in the new beta. I have 2 devices with the same problems since the beginning of this year. I would love to help.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

Hello, we are starting to roul out these to customers. i am reading here for some weeks now and in this moment i have the exact same problem with my notebook. Can you send me the beta fw to check ? 

Thanks. 

Kudos: 332
Solutions: 92

@UBNT-SNK Was there a new beta out, but I didn't make the cut (went only to the original people)?

Or did it not go out on Tuesday as planned and I still have the chance to be in the gang?

Thanks.

Ubiquiti Employee

I've first sent it out to the initial group, and will expand that further today.

Eagerly awaiting an update. I am interested in testing a beta if one is available. I would like to be part of the closed beta as well.
Ubiquiti Employee

I will send the closed beta out to a few more people shortly, but in other news; once we reach the next milestone in resolving this issue, we are looking at an open beta. Tentatively this is targeted at the end of next week.

@UBNT-SNK wrote:
I will send the closed beta out to a few more people shortly, but in other news; once we reach the next milestone in resolving this issue, we are looking at an open beta. Tentatively this is targeted at the end of next week.

We are looking to deploy a few hundred the day after Christmas. Would you recommend proceeding at this point? Or maybe even with a hundred?

Im not sure of all the issues, but mostly cell phones, xboxes and laptops are involved.

Would love to manage from UNMS but considering Amplifi as an alternative... would appreciate feedback

You indicated that you would be sending the closed beta out to a few more people.  I had indicated that I was interested.  Please send me the link to the download.  I appreciate your assistance.

Ubiquiti Employee

@hignga1n Many users are not seeing the issue this closed beta is designed to gather more info on and address. I would recommend starting with 10 units and keeping us up to date on your experience.

@wknudsen I am expanding the closed beta this week, thanks for your interest.
Kudos: 73
Solutions: 3

There is no way I would even deploy 10 with the wireless issues. If you like creating yourself huge amounts of work by rebooting every 2 days then go for it.

@michaeldale wrote:

There is no way I would even deploy 10 with the wireless issues. If you like creating yourself huge amounts of work by rebooting every 2 days then go for it.

Thats the feeling I have, I need to deploy at least 90 to 100 per phase but I have never even used one of these. If it is something where I can order 130 and replace any that I have issues with I would prefer to keep everything on UNMS.

Can you return units with issues if you order direct from UBNT store?