Re: airCube closed beta

I would like to test the beta release.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 784
Solutions: 23

it's been said repeatedly the current alpha has no fix its only gathering data to hopefully provide a fix faster

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

In some cases it does make the issue appear less frequently, but I would not consider the current closed beta a fix at this stage. I should have an update on progress tomorrow.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 14

@UBNT-SNKI'm in a position not unlike some of the others I have read on this thread, where I'd really love to use airCubes in a larger urban deployment.  Having the customer's CPE and WiFi Router managed from the same dashboard (UNMS) is very appealing.  However, this deployment needs to be as seemless as possible.  Word of mouth is everything when we rollout services in a new area, and our wireless services can't afford the negative PR I'm imaging from these known issues with airCube.

Please give us an update in the morning so we can choose a direction.  I'm really hoping for good news.

Thanks

@Brutis wrote:

@UBNT-SNKI'm in a position not unlike some of the others I have read on this thread, where I'd really love to use airCubes in a larger urban deployment.  Having the customer's CPE and WiFi Router managed from the same dashboard (UNMS) is very appealing.  However, this deployment needs to be as seemless as possible.  Word of mouth is everything when we rollout services in a new area, and our wireless services can't afford the negative PR I'm imaging from these known issues with airCube.

Please give us an update in the morning so we can choose a direction.  I'm really hoping for good news.

Thanks

I’ve been following this thread for a month or more, I would guess it’s a couple months out before it will be fixed and have a proven track record.

I love the idea of the product and look forward to using it down the line.

Also, and I’m a Unifi person so I’m not sure, but I believe UNMS mostly monitors and doesn’t allow you to do much manage/config on edge products.

Emerging Member

Our deployment will be live in about 2 weeks, so I really can't stand to wait any longer, unfortunately.

We recently started using UNMS for airMAX and edgeMAX products, and as far as I can tell, you can change just about any setting, just like you were hardwired to the device. I'm assuming the same would be true for the airCube.
Kudos: 581
Solutions: 65

@Brutis wrote:

We recently started using UNMS for airMAX and edgeMAX products, and as far as I can tell, you can change just about any setting, just like you were hardwired to the device. I'm assuming the same would be true for the airCube.

You are right, airCube has full UNMS support

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006120654-UNMS-Supported-Devices#2

https://unms-demo.ubnt.com/devices/aircube/6112cf82-d550-4ef6-8308-a29b18314c9f/configuration/networ...

Majo

Ubiquiti Employee

We are creating a new closed beta release which has some more improvements that I will send out this week; next week we are looking to release an open beta with what we believe is a fix for this issue.
Emerging Member

@UBNT-SNKWe are going to trail a few airCubes on a smaller scale.  Could you please add me to the closed beta release in case we run into issues?

Thanks!

Established Member
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 8

Hi @UBNT-SNK,

I would like to be added, please.

Our staff is using the cube at each personal residense, and we have a few customers with issues on these....would be good to try.....one customer wants us there on Monday to fix the issue, or pull us out.  Man Sad

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found the problem! It was the interface between the seat and the keyboard."
Ubiquiti Employee

Yes, I'll add you both to the list. This issue is still the airCube team's top priority and we are making progress.
Established Member
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 8

Hi @UBNT-SNK,

Thanks for that...hopefully this will make it a little better for all.....

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found the problem! It was the interface between the seat and the keyboard."
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

I have an AirCube AC exhibiting this issue.  May I join the closed beta?

Thank you,

Nate

Established Member
Kudos: 319
Solutions: 12

Please add us to the beta, we have a ton of these out and getting complaints.

Thx.

@UBNT-SNKI will also like to be added to the closed beta to start testing. 

Thanks, 

Ubiquiti Employee

Sending these out shortly.
SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

Is the current closed beta telemetry or has the interrupt handling fixes ?

Kudos: 2

I would like to be added to the closed beta please

Ubiquiti Employee

The current closed beta has telemetry and an early version of the driver fixes.

Update - we are finishing up implementation and testing of an interrupt handling driver fix, which is now targeted for release as an open beta on Monday. The build will be complete at the end of this week, but will be running through automated and manual tests over the weekend. As soon as this is finished, I'll post the open beta here for everyone to try and provide feedback on. As we are so close to the open beta, I'll leave the closed beta as-is.

Awesome! I will wait till the open beta arrives then.