Any update on this beta? Are you able to send me a copy, please? @UBNT-SNK 

Established Member
Kudos: 457
Solutions: 12

Re: airCube closed beta

@technicaljhcs wrote:

Any update on this beta? Are you able to send me a copy, please? @UBNT-SNK 

It’s public now.

Enable beta firmware check in UNMS and you will have it.

Established Member
Kudos: 319

@UBNT-SNK I would also like to be added now. Its been another week and we need to try something.  To see what customers are talking about,  I installed an AC unit at my house and office as the primary. We’re losing hours a day of work (and my wife working from home), with the connectivity disconnects.

Established Member

Looks like we cross posted

Kudos: 4

I'm not running UMNS at the moment... Is it possible to get the bin file?

Established Member

Im not running UNMS either. Have UNMS mobile w check beta firmware checked, and nothing found. How to get the binary? @UBNT-SNK 

Kudos: 187
Solutions: 19

A download link would be helpful here. I have more and more customers coming forward with Aircube issues and saying its a problem with the manufacturer just looks like i'm making up excuses. Being the guy that answers the phone for the WISP that employs me, this issue really blows.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

@rkelly1 @technicaljhcs since there seems to be an issue with you getting it via the firmware update service, I'll email it to both of you.
Established Member

About 10 minutes later it found it and downloaded it via the unit upgrade checker

Kudos: 581
Solutions: 65

[ Edited ]

@tdaddysimi wrote:

A download link would be helpful here. I have more and more customers coming forward with Aircube issues and saying its a problem with the manufacturer just looks like i'm making up excuses. Being the guy that answers the phone for the WISP that employs me, this issue really blows.

You can also upgrade to the latest version of the beta firmware via the airCube WebUI.

AC.PNG

Majo

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2701
Solutions: 39

bricked.  2 ACAC units bricked from 2.4.1-beta.  Rolling trucks now.  

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

I enabled check for beta firmware in the web gui and it's not detecting anything newer than 2.4.0

I don't run unms.

How do I upgrade?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8

2.4.1 has not resolved the issue for me. Still experiencing disconnects on my MacBook Air and on my custom gaming PC which has builtin AC Wifi.

Oddly we don't seem to have, and never have had, any issues with our Apple TV or our iPhones and iPads.

@beebe wrote:

I enabled check for beta firmware in the web gui and it's not detecting anything newer than 2.4.0

I don't run unms.

How do I upgrade?

I had the same issue, I had to I update it though the UNMS phone app. (you still need to opt in to the beta on it as well)

Strange they havent put out a download link for it.

Established Member
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 8

Hi,

It's not ready to come out of dev yet... Couple of things with the 5GHz, I read.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found the problem! It was the interface between the seat and the keyboard."
Ubiquiti Employee

@tuckerdog I can't confirm any 5 GHz issues at this stage.

@rebelwireless Can you tell me what happened with these units?

@j45p3r Thanks for the feedback, have you had any chance to get a support file from your units when this occurs?
Established Member
Kudos: 195
Solutions: 8

Hi @UBNT-SNK ,

I had read something about the 5GHz, but... Whatever.

What I got was being only 16 feet from the cube, my 5GHz connection to my pixel 3XaL and my Windows notebook went from full bars to only 1-2, and the speeds went with it.  No other noise even close, no other changes, and I was stationary on my couch at the time.

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

"Found the problem! It was the interface between the seat and the keyboard."
Emerging Member
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 1

I have yet to experience any issues with the AirCube AC at four locations since their last install in September.  Three of which are small one-room offices where I did not want to run a Unifi Controller and thereby kept everything on the Edge platform.  All are in bridge mode powered by PoE with 20 MHz 2.4 GHz and 40 Mhz 5 Ghz channels.  UNMS is off, merely because of the present problems it presently has being "on" on the Edge switches and routers.

I will update clients with older AirRouters once Traffic Shaping is active and functional.  Dynamic DNS would also be helpful both for access and trouble-shooting, as affords additional functionality over UNMS.  Thank you.

Ubiquiti Employee

@tuckerdog Yes, I read the same post. However, I am trying to verify a 5 GHz issue with the development team before I confirm it here. Thanks for sharing your issue, that does sound strange and we will continue to investigate it.

@skytom Thanks for the feedback. Is UNMS something you want to use right now?
Emerging Member
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 1

Yes @UBNT-SNK , I would like to use UNMS, but stability is more important to me.  Until the LLDP bugs are sorted out in the EdgeSwitch, and UNMS can be used without LLDP active in the EdgeRouter (peering issues at some locations), then I will wait.