airCube problem

Hi All, 

I activated VLAN on my airCube in UNMS and now I can't connect to it at all anymore. Trying to find a way to do a hard reset or restore defaults but the reset button isn't working either.

Help?

Re: airCube problem

P.s. I should note that I have been having issues with this unit for a little bit. Wifi has been working fine but I have this unit in the office where it is powered by POE and the other ports are goign to printers and neither of the printers are getting a connection to the network.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

@UBNT-Radek have you seen this before?

So far I can't seem to get anything to work.

Worked on it for several hours yesterday. Starting to think I should RMA? I've had it up for only about 3-4 weeks

Ubiquiti Employee

If all you did was enable UNMS, then I don't think this would cause a hardware issue.

UNMS has been enabled for about 10days with no issue.

What happened is that I was in UNMS looking at the settings and I think it was VLAN that I turned on as I was trying to get the unit to connect to the printers since they were connected via ethernet but the unit was showing nothing was attached.

When I did a reboot for that unit I get power but nothing is connected.

It is no longer connected to UNMS, it no longer is part of the netork despite not changing SSID, and it won't reset to factory settings.

Ubiquiti Employee

Oh I see, got it. When you do the reset procedure, what happens?

Nothing.

I had the unit powered by a Edgeswitch 8-150w with that port set to 24v PoE. I tried to reset it with power over PoE and logging in with the QR Scanner and using manual entry of the password, both the one that is assigned to the device from the factory and the one I set up.

When that did not work I disconnected it from the ethernet cable and then powered it with the power adapter that it shipped with, the unit goes into setup mode as the LED is pulsing. Tried holding down the reset botton at that time to reset and then tried to login with the QR scanner and I am still locked out of the device.

Ok, I have been working on this for a bit and can't get anything to connect.

I plugged it back into the switch powered by 24V PoE and pulled up the Switch on my computer and I can located the MAC Address but it is not obtaining an IP Address at all so I can't connect to it at all.

At this point I am considering submitting for an RMA. Any ideas before I do so? I have Wifi in the office right now because it is picking up the outdoor AP that I have as well. 

I'll wait to see if you have any ideas before I go ahead and submit for RMA.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 173
Solutions: 42

If the reset button isn't working, I'd try the TFTP method.

https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007287313-airCube-TFTP-Recovery

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!