Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2006
Solutions: 305

airCube - progress update

Hi all,

We are making progress on fixing the current airCube issues around authentication and traffic passing. The team has identified issues around receive interrupt handling and other related areas, and we are in the process of testing a new set of fixes for these to be released in a new beta release next week. 

Thanks for your patience as we continue to work through these issues, once they are out of the way the updated release roadmap will be published and we will return to adding more features to the platform.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 9

Re: airCube - progress update

Thank you for the update! Even if its technical, it's something I can give my struggling customers. Thanks again!

Kudos: 4

With due respect to the Ubiquiti folks here. I think we're all grateful for the feedback on progress etc and I agree with other comments here that this community is probably well placed to help more if called upon.

Notwithstanding the work that has gone on to resolve the problems, but there are a few observations I have that may or may not be justified but are based on the dialogue here.

1) The issue first surfaced towards the start of this year

2) I am not sure Ubiquiti initially understood the scale of the problem and it seems to me that is has not been given the escalation and level of resource needed to knock it quickly on the head

3) I'm still not sure that the pain being felt by folks here who have installed large numbers of these devices is being recognised?

4) In short, I am still not sure that this  has escalated high enough in Ubiquiti for a big fire to be lit under it

Ubiquiti Employee

@patmolloy Two new development staff members have been brought onto the product specifically to resolve these issues. It is known and recognized at the highest level, which is why it is the top priority for the airCube team over all other development tasks. And yes, I am well aware of the difficulties some users have experienced due to these issues. The team nor myself can change what has already happened, and we are doing our best to get this fixed.
Kudos: 4

Hi,

We are all *very* grateful for the folks at the coal face working to fix this!

Pa

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks, I will pass that on to the team. We all appreciate your patience with these issues as well.
Ubiquiti Employee

We have a new closed beta build which I will be sending out today.
SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

Why are airCube and AmpliFi different code bases? Are the chipsets totally different?

Established Member
Kudos: 457
Solutions: 12

Ubiquiti Employee

Looks like the file upload did not finish within Gmail on the email to you, sending again.
Kudos: 186
Solutions: 4

I wasn't selected for the beta, but as we've got about 200 of these units in the field we're watching the updates closely - will be turing on alerts for this thread with the goal of keeping up to date on any posted results.

I have been sourcing aircubes for an apartment deployment, about 300 of them. I just came across this in the forums and now I am a bit worried. Was coming to ask about ISP vs AC version but now wandering if I would be better off getting a few hundred Amplifi units instead?

I was really hoping to manage them all from UNMS but if these things don't work I would rather avoid the trouble. Any feedback??

[ Edited ]

@eomedia wrote:

I wasn't selected for the beta, but as we've got about 200 of these units in the field we're watching the updates closely - will be turing on alerts for this thread with the goal of keeping up to date on any posted results.

Are you having trouble with any/all of them?

Kudos: 3

Guys, I also ahve a few hundred of these units in the field and seeingthe same issues. Can we get Beta access. 

Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

@highga1n wrote:

I have been sourcing aircubes for an apartment deployment, about 300 of them. I just came across this in the forums and now I am a bit worried. Was coming to ask about ISP vs AC version but now wandering if I would be better off getting a few hundred Amplifi units instead?

I was really hoping to manage them all from UNMS but if these things don't work I would rather avoid the trouble. Any feedback??

I've been hearing of huge shortages of the ISP version, at the moment, can you even get the ISP version? My experience with the Wifi issue has been terrible however I will note that it appears to be dependent on the wifi client attaching. No Apple device on my network has had a reliable stable connection to an AirCube. Most Androids have been fine. Xboxes are problematic but Rokus have been great. Your mileage will vary until the problem is solved.

Ubiquiti Employee

I'll add more people to the closed beta this week, thanks for your interest.
Kudos: 1

@UBNT-SNK Can I get beta access too? We have about 10 known routers that are having problems.

I have a number of customers that are experiancing these disconnect issues.  Can you send me the closed beta download link.

Thank you in advance.

Kudos: 11

What is the lastest on this subject? 

We need a fix, it has been months of promises now from Ubiquiti, without any fruitful outcome. 

With over 100 units out at customers, we need to see some sort of results, customers are becoming impatient. 

Should we be looking at another brand rather, for Access Points, and call it a day with the AirCube's? 

Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

@RonnySA wrote:

What is the lastest on this subject? 

We need a fix, it has been months of promises now from Ubiquiti, without any fruitful outcome. 

With over 100 units out at customers, we need to see some sort of results, customers are becoming impatient. 

Should we be looking at another brand rather, for Access Points, and call it a day with the AirCube's? 

I saw this issue with 10% of my cubes. I was a hardware beta tester and really put them through the paces. I failed to understand my client's complaints about the cube until it was too late. Mostly because I tested the cubes so thoroughly. I lost 50% of the problem clients or 5% total subscribers. I have replaced my provided routers with HAP AC2. I still have the cubes in storage. It's not a hardware problem and I have faith that UBNT will fix it. However, I will not lose any more customers to this issue. I would suggest to anyone that they look at something else until this issue is fixed. I am happy to see that this appears to the be the only thing the AirCube team is working on right now.