SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

Re: airCube - progress update

Are you a copyright holder for this code? If so, why not have your attorney contact UBNT? https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.en.html#WhoHasThePower

Kudos: 77

I've been trying to give them a chance to clarify&rectify before getting lawyers involved/escalating further..

Also like you, part of me doesn't want to believe that they would be doing this. I've always been a Ubiquiti fan..

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 174
Solutions: 42

You should have been contacted about the licensing and source code issue separately. Please allow this thread to carry on with its natural course, so the issue discussed here is not derailed.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2009
Solutions: 306

@bmarc as has been mentioned to you via email, this is being worked on and I should have an update for you this week. Going as fast as we can.
Kudos: 77

[ Edited ]

Could you please also clarify what’s going on with Ubiquiti’s GPL compliance in general? It seems GPL Archives that were previously available in the Downloads section of ubnt.com have completely disappeared..

Ubiquiti Employee

@bmarc I replied to you via email in regard to this same question. There is discussion going on internally as we try to straighten this all out. This week it should be complete for airCube.
Kudos: 11

Waiting for this 'fix' is becoming a real nightmare, having constant complaints from customers, with no end in sight here. 

We simply can not afford to go and replace over 100 AirCube's on the network. 

Please could Ubiquiti get this sorted out. I can not fathem why this is taking so long. 

The way things are going, it feels like no urgency is being given to the AirCube wifi issues, just empty promises! 

Kudos: 3

I want compensation. I have taken a beating. We made a decision to replace hundreds of TPLINk for a "better" product we could manage. All I am doing right now is dealing with cancelations and pissed off people. Between crap firmware on the airmax platform and Aircube I am officially looking at Cambium. 

Over it.

Ubiquiti Employee

Guys, I appreciate your frustration on this issue and am aware it has been going on for a while. It has been the focus of the airCube team for many weeks and is a more complex problem with the underlying driver code than it may seem at first. We are looking to release an open beta with a candidate fix this week.
Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

@UBNT-SNK,

Are we still on track to releasing the open beta with a proposed fix tomorrow? I'm getting burned out replacing all these cubes with HAP AC2s. We need to stop the bleeding here.

Ubiquiti Employee

Update - we are finishing up implementation and testing of an interrupt handling driver fix, which is now targeted for release as an open beta on Monday. The build will be complete at the end of this week, but will be running through automated and manual tests over the weekend. As soon as this is finished, I'll post the open beta here for everyone to try and provide feedback on. As we are so close to the open beta, I'll leave the closed beta as-is.

Eagerly awaiting the open beta with its fix.

Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

@wknudsen wrote:

Eagerly awaiting the open beta with its fix.

Ditto

SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

++

I'm with Bromadinejad

Where's the beta baby?

Ubiquiti Employee

I have the build, and am sending it out manually to everyone that's in the current beta list. It'll be up on the normal firmware download server late tonight. Apologies for the delay.

[ Edited ]

Could I be included in this as well. @UBNT-SNK

Ubiquiti Employee

Yes - will send shortly.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-SNK Thanks

Could I please get a copy of the BETA firmware as well - we have 100 appartments crying out for reliable connectivity

EDIT: Looping in @UBNT-SNK - please can we also get the AirCube open beta firmware?