Kudos: 21
Solutions: 2

Re: airCube - progress update

But you can't send it through UNMS to these devices if you're currently on 2.4.1 from December or earlier. Each one has to be done manually through the web UI or phone app. If I'm missing something, please let me know! I'd like to roll out to all of our aircubes.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2009
Solutions: 306

@dccittech what happened? Just disconnected with no notice?

Questions for everybody here:
1. Can you all see the latest build on the firmware update service?
2. For those of you running it, are you seeing any issues?
Kudos: 21
Solutions: 2

I see it in UNMS but can't push it to any device. I was able to download it out of UNMS and manually flash it through the management VLAN and web UI only.

UNMS.png

SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

I've updated 100 aircubes (from 2.4.0 to ACB.ar934x.v2.4.1-devel.d44e428.190121.1817.bin) and so far no issues staying connected to UNMS, no complaints, ... I didn't get huge complaints with the airCube to begin with, but pretty much any time someone has Wi-Fi issues with a smart tv, we make them hard-wire it and that may have masked some issues.

I'll update the rest once there is a 2.4.1 release... Unfortunately we also have a lot of airCubes that never made it into UNMS early on, The UNMS-after-the-fact process involves having a customer plug the POE's LAN port into a LAN port of the airCube, ssh -L 127.0.0.1:8888:192.168.1.1:443 ubnt@airmaxradio (with 192.168.1.2/24 aliased to the LAN0 port of the airMAX radio) and then you can light up https://127.0.0.1:8888 in my browser and setup UNMS. (This works fine with Putty too.) Oh, and to do any of this, the customer snaps a picture of the password label and texts it to us Man Happy

Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 3

@UBNT-SNK

1. I looked briefly for the new firmware in the unms firmware, but I ended up manually adding the revision I was sent on Sunday via email from the closed beta.

2. I pushed this out thru unms this morning, no issues reported so far, but along with @twinkletoes the people with issues were instructed to rely on hardwire(mostly xbox).   Wifi issues have happened, but not daily.  Hope this fixes those though.  

Should you guys post this firmware as a sticky?  Might help some folks find it.

Thanks for the hard work.

Kudos: 3

How are people flashing if already on 2.4.1?

I don’t really fancy, manually updating 110 devices!!

Maybe change the revision to 2.4.11?

Kudos: 11

@UBNT-SNK I used the dev file you sent over last night and through unms updated 5 aircubes around 9pm. As of 8am all 5 where disconnected from unms. Haven't had a deffiniate answer that the site isn't having issues though.... as this is a remote location. 

Kudos: 5

using latest beta, my aircube stays connected to unms and devices also seem to stay connected.

changing settings in unms does seem to have the tendency to make the aircube reboot and report back its invalid/incorrect mac to the dhcp server.

only tested that quickly yesterday evening, so still have some testing to do on that front.

Kudos: 158
Solutions: 27

Thanks to @MajoV  I found v2.4.1-devel.d44e428.190121.1817.

Updated via UNMS.

12 Hours later still connected to UNMS. No Wifi complaints so far.

I concur, I had this issue as well with the DEV version but it was't an issue because I wasn't updateing en mass, as long as the version number is the same the UNMS won't let you update it.  I think the Open Beta should have an adjusted the version number.  I didn't dig very far to see if this is something we can do or not.  But it would be quickly and more cleanly and universally fixed to push a new version number from the FW fileserver.

Established Member
Kudos: 457
Solutions: 12

@lynas wrote:

How are people flashing if already on 2.4.1?

I don’t really fancy, manually updating 110 devices!!

What I did is to “update” to 2.4.0 then delete manually updated 2.4.1 dev and after that you’ll be able to update to the latest 2.4.1.

Regards,

iLevac

Can I get access to the beta firmware as well? Trying to follow up with some of my customers and have them test it out

Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

@edgar-vega wrote:

Can I get access to the beta firmware as well? Trying to follow up with some of my customers and have them test it out

It's on unms app! 

If you set UNMS to allow Beta firmware , it will now download open Beta.

image.png

Didn't realize that thanks!

Setting it to download beta firmware now thanks!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2009
Solutions: 306

Guys - thank you for all the feedback so far and my apologies for any confusion on the numbering. Thanks to @iLevac and @aaronsprigg for their tips!

Going great...

upgrade from firmware version 2.4.1-devel to firmware version 2.4.0 has failed because of error (Firmware not supported).

So the only way to upgrade, is to downgrade, the re-upgrade, which doesn't work. Super duper.

Can't you just re-version it so it can be directly updated???

Kudos: 36
Solutions: 3