Kudos: 581
Solutions: 65

Re: airCube - progress update

@beebe wrote:

If the airCube belongs to the airMax products, the best place for the beta firmwares should be in airMAX Beta Blog.

Majo

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2009
Solutions: 306

@beebe let me look into this one.

@lynas what is giving you that error message?
Kudos: 3

Trying to downgrade from 2.4.1 manual, to 2.4.0 via upgrade devices, under the firmware tab.

Kudos: 5

I had one case today where the wifi issue came back on 2.4.1. I have no confidence in this product. The dev team for this router should be sacked. This router has cost me customers and a lot of money. I am sending all my aircubes back and getting mikrotiks.

SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

Maybe you can explain what you are seeing with 2.4.1.

SuperUser
Kudos: 1841
Solutions: 58

"After having all these problems, and applying the potential fix firmware, I see ONE problem that may or may not even be the same issue. Screw everyone you should all be fired!! I'm burning everything!!" gets old.

Kudos: 11

2.4.1 WiFi problems persist, not seeing any difference between 2.4.0 and 2.4.1?
Back to the drawing board Ubiquiti, looking at alternative AP's now, and I will RMA over 200 units.
The AirRouter should never have been discontinued, it was a solid product.

Unfortunately our clients have been dealing with the issue for so long now most of them power down the unit to fix the issue before we are able to pull the fault log. 

This morning we've recieved 6 complaints, all being the airCube issue. It seems all clients were streaming from a SMARTtv when the error accured. In no way know if that is in anyway helpful but seems the main commonality when we've ask the client to explain when/what happened.

We are at the brink of having to pull the use of the airCube. I know the dev team are working fervently to get it sorted but I must say faith is getting a shaky that the issue will resolve in a timely and permanent fix. Please, constant update on the progress and planning from dev side (without us needing to ask) would help those who are fighting not to abandon the airCube.

Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 3

I have also had complaints about smart tv's.....there is an issue with the new firmware related to smart tv's that worked fine in 2.4.0. Ever since I flashed the DEV version I've had a couple issues.....but none of the dropped wifi issues like before.

I'm not giving up yet, I've had plenty of clients tell me they are very impressed with the performance of this thing.

Keep working at this @UBNT-SNK , this may be a new issue, I can't say for sure.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 174
Solutions: 42

My experience with the connection issue is only on the 5ghz radio of the AC model. I have tested the 2.4ghz radio exclusively for a few weeks now and experienced no further disconnections.

For some users, it may be feasible as a temporary workaround to disable the 5ghz broadcast and see what happens.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 19

That may answer why I'm not having any issues reported, even though I have a small sample of test users. I exclusively use the ISP version and 2.4 only.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1860
Solutions: 138

Ditto here.  Only ISP versions, and not one problem report.

Kudos: 1

Same here, testing at my own house with a previously problematic cube. Have 20+ devices connected from Apple to android, smart tvs ect and going strong so far! Fingers crossed
Established Member
Kudos: 457
Solutions: 12

@UBNT-JoshMcGee wrote:
My experience with the connection issue is only on the 5ghz radio of the AC model. I have tested the 2.4ghz radio exclusively for a few weeks now and experienced no further disconnections.

For some users, it may be feasible as a temporary workaround to disable the 5ghz broadcast and see what happens.

Next time, maybe try to be a little more transparent.

If you knew, than it’s a know issue and it should have been in the release note.

I’m sure that would have help to regain our confiance faster.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2701
Solutions: 39

This thread is getting pretty long and it's a few months old at this point.  These issues need to be resolved.  

ubnt, you guys need to do something here or offer us credit on the devices purchased.  These aren't early access or beta items, these are retail released items that are broken for months with no resolution.

I've offered replacements and some people have taken them.  Other's are just 'nice' and say they'll reboot them and to keep them informed when they should expect a fix.

@UBNT-SNK  what are you guys doing to resolve these issues?  These are the ONLY customer routers you offer, and they aren't doing their job.  3 months without a practical solution.

Ubiquiti Employee

@iLevac we don't know what is going on for certain, and we are investigating the issue and have released a beta that attempts to address it. I happened to test the 2.4ghz radio, and feel confident enough now to share that it may help out in the short term. Clearly it is not a great solution because it does not support the highest speeds and is too susceptible to interference.

@rebelwireless The issues are being worked on. There is a beta firmware that attempts to address it that we are taking feedback on currently. This thread could and should be abandoned as the discussion is no longer fruitful here.

Please see the following link and try it out.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airCube/airCube-closed-beta/m-p/2648645/highlight/true#M2391

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2701
Solutions: 39

I don't see why an issues thread should be abandon while the issue still exists.

Ubiquiti Employee

Because the discussion is no longer fruitful here, and there is a beta firmware feedback thread that needs more attention.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Established Member
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 4

I'm with rebel here, why would you end a thread of an ongoing issue?  As far as being fruitful, it's as fruitful as most threads on the forums.

Ubiquiti Employee

This thread has a direct follow-up, the beta firmware thread. That's the only reason. If you want to continue discussing it here, obviously there's no issue with doing so, but this thread is a progress announcement update while the other one is a beta firmware release discussion which is more likely to generate the kind of feedback from other users that is necessary to continue troubleshooting.

So, with that in mind, what is your experience with the beta? Have you tried it? What about the 2.4ghz radio instead of 5ghz? Do you have some support files from each firmware for comparison? I use the airCube at home myself so am looking for a resolution as well but lack for data points.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png