Highlighted

airCube repeater/bridge config

Hi,

I'm trying to setup my airCube (firmware v2.4.0) so I can conenct my wired devices (servers, PC's etc) through it - where the airCube can then connect to our wirless network AP, which is an Amplifi (and a mesh in the room the airCube is in). I have set the config of the airCube to bridge/repeater and set the Uplink SSID and PASSWORD to match AP radio settings.

I can see that the Amplfi has the connection from the airCube (via the mesh) so the repeater config seems to be ok. When I connect a PC (windows 10) to the airCube it comes up as "unidentified network" -  the airCube dashboard shows no client connected... (PC configured to auto obtain IP and DNS).

I must be missing something in the bridge configs – any pointers would be appreciated. 

Cheers

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1927
Solutions: 142

Re: airCube repeater/bridge config

Sounds like you need WiFi Client Mode, which is not (yet) on the roadmap.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2166
Solutions: 335

As usual @MimCom is correct.

Thanks for the feedback, I've been away so haven't been able to respond.

Hi, I do have a follow up question before I try to confgure an old router with DD-WRT. The following a close representation of what I'm trying to achieve - with the wireless bridge in the picture woud be the Cube - would any config of the Cubes Repeater/Bridge modes work?

I'd appreciate any comment.

router to wireless access point

Ok - I'm not a network person so by playing around I'm starting to get some of this. I've setup the Cube in Bridge mode and it is all good except it can only connect back to the main router via cable (whereas I want a wireless connection) - and it is an AP, which is ok but not needed.

There seems to be the same terms used for different meanings in networking. WiFi Client Mode and Wireless Bridge seem to be the same thing to me (probably some subtle differences I'm missing).

There is an old thread (https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airCube/Aircube-AC-Wireless-Bridge/td-p/2338764) that seems to imply that the Cube does have the capability to wirelessly bridge to a mesh.

Any further comment would be appreciated.

Cheers