Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2009
Solutions: 306

airCube roadmap update

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

As promised, I'd like to present the draft airCube roadmap for your feedback. Please note that we are still working on this, and will deliver each of these features as quickly as we can; these dates are prospective, and we want to accelerate them, but I want to be as transparent as possible and get your view on the upcoming features and fixes for airCube. The order of features and the timing will generate some discussion I'm sure, and I want to incorporate as much of your feedback as I can into our development.

Please keep your comments civil - I understand a lot of these features are hotly-anticipated, but please remember that the team and the people in it are doing their best to get these delivered for you as quickly as they can. We will pull in as much as we can to get it released as soon as possible, but I also don't want to present a plan that is unrealistic. So, with that in mind:

Roadmap.png

Please post any feedback here or send it to me via PM. I appreciate everyone's patience as we get some of these key features implemented and the existing issues resolved. The team is fully committed to delivering the best product that we can, and your (constructive Man Wink ) feedback is a big part of that.

Thanks.

SuperUser
Kudos: 3891
Solutions: 353

Re: airCube roadmap update

Thank you @UBNT-SNK for posting this roadmap, I'm glad to see AirCube getting some serious attention! This will certainly help users offering managed WiFi services.
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 9

Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to seeing these releases.

Kudos: 1124
Solutions: 61

@UBNT-SNK  

Thank you so much for this! I love having a roadmap even if the timelines change. This is great to see.

Kudos: 581
Solutions: 65

@UBNT-SNK 

It's great to see a new roadmap.

I have one stupid question. What is the differennce between Port forward introduced with FW 2.3.0 and Port forwarding in FW 2.6.0

RM.PNG

Majo

Ubiquiti Employee

@MajoV My bad, this table was based originally on an older version of the roadmap and it looks like I left that in by mistake. I've updated the table now.
Kudos: 1

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-SNK 

Hi, I have 2 questions if you don't mind.

1) version 2.7 VLAN support (Port and SSID bassed), Multiple SSIDs

Since this is a factor that will be deciding my purchase, here is my question. Does it mean we would be able to set for example the "uplink" port that goes for example to a switch in trunk mode (with many VLANs), then allow as to set another specific port to X VLAN in access mode, all this bridged, and let us have multiple SSIDs with different VLANs each?

2) I think WPA3 went missing in this new roadmap. Will it be comming?

Thanks in advance,

Olivia

Kudos: 168
Solutions: 2

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-SNK
- Yaay - my watchdog request made the list!
- Port-status hopefully includes PoE status, and can you specify PTHRU vs. supplied? Do you have means of (detecting and) displaying how the ACB is receiving power?
- PoE toggle really should ALSO be in 'Network' settings, I strongly disagree with you here: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airCube/PoE-Passthrough-Toggle-near-WAN-settings/m-p/2366901 - why not put the toggle in BOTH places? It's dangerous.
- maybe one day there'll be a ACB-AC-ONU SKU? Man Wink
- Will there be DHCP reservations/assignments?
- Presumably UNMS will keep up with this? They've been rather quiet (feature-wise) over there lately.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1860
Solutions: 138

@mWare wrote:

- Presumably UNMS will keep up with this? They've been rather quiet (feature-wise) over there lately.

UNMS and UCRM are getting ready for the big wedding Man Very Happy

Kudos: 2

Imho this development is too slow. 
I know some features are hard to implement, but AirCubes are in the market since almost 1 year.

By the way i'm happy to see you're working on it and i will test each release.

Kudos: 3

hi. thanks but nothing to openvpn client ?

Ubiquiti Employee

Guys, thanks for all your feedback so far.

@bpelissier We don't have this planned right now. How useful is it for you?

@LucaSalve Thanks for the feedback, we will get these out as fast as we can. I understand the desire for a lot of these features for sure.

@mWare I do not know yet whether we can detect how the airCube is being powered and if so what metrics we can get about it for the UI. Thanks for the feedback on the toggle location, I can't comment on any future products just yet! For UNMS, we are all working together as one team and will do our best to get things synced between releases.

@liv3010m 1. The exact implementation has not been nailed down yet, but barring any hardware constraints I'd expect to be able to do that. If this is a big feature for you, you can wait until we are a bit closer to that release to make sure it is exactly what you need. 2. I have a question open on this one, let me confirm that before adding it to the roadmap.

[ Edited ]

Thanks SNK for your answer.

Aircube is nice hardware for small office reliable to bigger information system company on ubiquity hardware Man Happy

And if i have openvpn client on this aircube i can deploy it.

If not i need another solution Man Sad (edgerouter and uap ...) and not so nice.

Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the feedback. I think the edgeRouter may be your best bet in this case, as we are not planning to integrate OpenVPN with airCube.

thanks for your answer but i think its a badly choice because aircube is "the" router for home and smalloffice ... and with openvpn client and other vpn client its very nice job for all customers for small company or multi office company.

So i go on edgerouter choice + wifi access point...

Ubiquiti Employee

The main target audience for this device is residential WISP clients.

Speed test from LAN to WAN? Same implementation as USG?

Established Member
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 4

QOS would be nice

Ubiquiti Employee

QoS is on the roadmap above.

i dont know why qos is more important for residential WISP clients than openvpn client ... we have more high speed connection and need less qos settings but more private life so vpn inside ... Man Happy