Kudos: 77

formal airCube firmware source code request per GPL

It seems airCube firmware is based on OpenWRT, the Linux kernel and other GPL-licensed components. See https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/externaldocumentation

Per the GPL license I am hereby requesting a copy of the complete modified sources for this firmware which appears to contain GPL software.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Re: formal airCube firmware source code request per GPL

This has been added to our queue internally.

I'm also asking Robert Pera on Twitter about this because the lack of source code availability for GPL-derived software seems to go far beyond the airCube product.

@UBNT-Robert

gpl.png

According to GPLv2 section 7, one has no right to redistribute GPL-derived software without complying with the license.

Please stop redistributing airCube firmware binaries or comply with the GPL immediately.

"Adding to our internal queue" or "It will require a bit of patience" does not consitute an acceptable response.

Note that I personally wrote some of the software you are distributing illegally

Marc Boucher

(past Netfilter coreteam member / iptables / Linux kernel contributor)

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2008
Solutions: 306

Marc, I appreciate your frustration on this, but it is not something that I can have resolved immediately. Escalating things in this way doesn't help us get them solved, as we are already aware of the issue and working on it. We will continue to work on this and I will take things offline with you personally.