Highlighted
Kudos: 73
Solutions: 2
Accepted Solution

AF-5XHD on Multipath / Obstructed link?

Anyone had a chance to try 5XHD on a slightly obstructed link?  I have a very short distance (half mile) with trees partially obstructing the Fresnel zone.  Right now the link uses two PowerBeam 5AC 400 ISO's and maintains a constant, perfect 8x modulation at all times.  It also tests 370 megabit TCP very reliably.  Airlink estimates that the signal should be 11dB higher than it is, but it doesn't fluctuate at all, even when the trees are wet.  More elevation isn't an option here, but more gain is.  It doesn't act like it has any reflection in the path either.  It *feels* like AirFiber should do fine, but I'm hoping to get a second opinion.  Thanks in advance!

USA, the Land of the FCC

Accepted Solutions
SuperUser
Kudos: 8240
Solutions: 580
Contributions: 2

Re: AF-5XHD on Multipath / Obstructed link?

One of the very first AF5X-HD test links I did, replaced a AF5X with a 40% obstructed first fresnel.  The HD performed significantly better than the AF5X it replaced.   If you're getting good results from an AirMax, you should get even better results from the AF5X-HD.  

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 8240
Solutions: 580
Contributions: 2

One of the very first AF5X-HD test links I did, replaced a AF5X with a 40% obstructed first fresnel.  The HD performed significantly better than the AF5X it replaced.   If you're getting good results from an AirMax, you should get even better results from the AF5X-HD.  

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa
Kudos: 73
Solutions: 2

Now that's a testimonial!  I just got the link a teensy bit more open by moving a mount over.  I'll try to post results if we do the upgrade.

USA, the Land of the FCC