Kudos: 115
Solutions: 4

Can GPS Sync be inverted?

Hi, I want to sync a pretty short link.  Master radio has GPS signal, slave does not.  I want the cycle set so that the slave side is synced with those around it.  Everything's running 50/50 @ 2ms.  Can I just enable GPS on the master with 2000uS frame offset?

USA, the Land of the FCC
Established Member
Kudos: 192
Solutions: 25

Re: Can GPS Sync be inverted?

We swapped Master and Slave at one our sites so that all of the Masters were colocated even though the Slave is further upstream.

Don't know if that helps...

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Highlighted

Thanks for the tip.  Unfortunately we can't do that for two reasons:

We need master control at the client's side.

The slave has no GPS signal.

USA, the Land of the FCC
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 860
Solutions: 57

@benvanderjagt wrote:

Hi, I want to sync a pretty short link.  Master radio has GPS signal, slave does not.  I want the cycle set so that the slave side is synced with those around it.  Everything's running 50/50 @ 2ms.  Can I just enable GPS on the master with 2000uS frame offset?

Yes, timing offset is supported on LTU.  I am not sure if that feature is yet supported with the SW but the whole idea is to allow the user to "tune" the sync point to allow for situations as you describe.

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1974
Solutions: 152

[ Edited ]

Very interested in this, as we operate in several areas where other WISPs have deployed Mimosa and Cambium gear.

How will we 'see' the other cariers' timing in order to make adjustments?

I usually just ask.

USA, the Land of the FCC
Veteran Member
Kudos: 1974
Solutions: 152

The Mimosa gear is in 67/33 5ms, as are we.  I can probably find out what the Cambium is using -- what I don't know is how closely our frame edges align with each other.

sir are you gary mark ?

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

i tried to use GPS offset, 5000us at 67/33 ratio to sync everything up with rest of network. Radios never synced, they were in test mode. Tried to do it few times... Anyone got that working? FW is 1.1.2 final