Highlighted

Help to connect AirFiber5XHD alignment is good and not associated

I need help, a try to connect two airfiber 5XHD, the distance is 8 miles, but the equipment not associated, my antenna is AF5GS45, I did a test 20 meter separation and work, but in 8 miles not work.

I made the alignment with two rocket prism, and work.

this image is the signal with rocket prism

cde2318a-efab-4149-9937-6925d8822f8e.jpg
Kudos: 87
Solutions: 2

Re: Help to connect AirFiber5XHD alignment is good and not associated

Hi @cbello,

We could use some more information.  Can you provide screenshots of the configurations of your AirFiber 5XHD radios?

USA, the Land of the FCC

I got them to associate, but I had to place the antenna in custom and put 3dbi of gain, but I do not achieve more than 6x of modulation without packet loss

airfiber.png
Kudos: 63
Solutions: 13

Your transmit power is set soo high that the radio will not modulate higher than 6x... just look in the data sheet for what to expect.  Also 100mhz is a very large channel size -- very likely will be interference unless that link path is remote.  100mhz is practically the full unlicensed U-NII-3 band.

is nomal, than no select the antenna AF-5G30-S.45, and put 3dbi in custom, or is a firmware error

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1986
Solutions: 193

@dignome wrote:

Your transmit power is set soo high that the radio will not modulate higher than 6x... just look in the data sheet for what to expect.  Also 100mhz is a very large channel size -- very likely will be interference unless that link path is remote.  100mhz is practically the full unlicensed U-NII-3 band.

He is running v1.1.1 and radio transmit power is automatically reduced to required level to achieve the highest possible data rates. Starting v1.1.1 there is no more need to adjust transmit powers manually.

@cbello can you try narrower channel widths (20/30/40) and see what maximum rates you can achieve with your available spectrum?

-Edmundas