Highlighted
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 2

Supply problem of units?

Hi!

Our IT equipment supplier lists only 8 AF-5XHD with ETA 4 weeks away and they also show 20 more has been ordered with unconfirmed ETA.

Last time I ordered some units a few months ago I also had to wait about a month for delivery, they even moved the ETA a month away again when the first ETA had passed, we then called them and complained and suddenly a few days later they could prouce some units for me.

What is going on, I'm I the only one having trouble geting my hands on these?

Kind regards

David

SuperUser
Kudos: 3915
Solutions: 357

Re: Supply problem of units?

Have you tried any other distributors by chance?
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Kudos: 23
Solutions: 2

Oh we can't do that Man Sad

But I'm not sure it matters as EET europarts seems to be the main ubnt distributor here in sweden and that's where our supplier gets them from.

Longer of topic explanation Man Happy

It would be illegal and a breach of contract to do so, we have to use our contracted supplier as long as the contract is valid, otherwise they can sue us or the goverment can step in and punish us because it is illegal for us to not follow the contracts they are forcing us to sign Man Sad

Swedish laws is not easy but simply if you are a public service company controlled by the municipality (which in turn is controlled by the goverment) you have to follow the goverment laws for municipalities and their public service companies which basically sais that for everything we want to buy we have to give the available suppliers a fair chance to get a contract with us based on estimated purchase and the one with the best total price over the period wins the contract.

So that is why we just can't go out and buy from wherever we want

SuperUser
Kudos: 3915
Solutions: 357

@UBNT-Tony - Do you know anything about this by chance?
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.

Hi Daniel,

My name is Christian, and I work for EET as the Product Manager responsible for our Ubiquiti business across Europe.

If these units have indeed been ordered through us I would like to understand what has happened in this situation, and help ensure that delivery will be better in the future, so would appreciate if you cna share some details with me.

We have recently seen an increase in demand for this unit, combined with longer than usual lead times form Ubiquiti, but if we know what you need and when I would be happy to see what we can do to support you in making sure you get your products on time.

Feel free to reach out to me directly on cdu@eetgroup.com or +45 2333 7007.

Br,

Christian