Emerging Member
Kudos: 33
Solutions: 1

Two LTU ptp links deployed this AM

This morning I successfully deployed two links (four radios) on a back to back link replacing 4 AF5X radio with 4 AF5XHD radios.

The links are up and running at 50Mhz channel width just to get them operational this morning to minimize down time. I had two additional tower crews working at the easy endpoints and I did the intermediate hop with two radios to replace.

Both links are in 50% duty cycle mode during testing and are currently showing ~240x240Mb/s link capacity.

In the coming days I will doing testing and check if the links will support 100Mhz channel width. I really need split channel frequencies! One of my links has interference on any given single frequency. On the AF5X's I was using that to maintain clean RX frequencies.

Each link is about 9 Miles (14km).  I am using v 1.1.1 of the firmware. The quick start guide is junk for 1.1.1 as so many changes were made. There are some UI improvements that could be made as well as "hover over" help would be nice.

Would be nice to have some information on the Frame offset as well as some "user guide" for deployment in a mixed mode with Airmax AP's and LTUs on the same tower. I can elaborate if anyone would like to discuss.

(Old radio's to be move to a 16 mile mountain top path).

Mark C.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 203
Solutions: 17

Re: Two LTU ptp links deployed this AM

Hi!
Thanks for sharing your experience with 5XHD!
1. Frequency split is coming in v1.1.2-BETA
2. 5ms Frame length is compatible with airMax series (they support 5/8/10ms)
and yes, we'll improve visibility on UI for this.
We also keep improving our documentation, thanks for note.

Thanks!
Rasa

Hello, thanks for the information, you have idea for what date the version will be available  v1.1.2-BETA.?

Kudos: 75
Solutions: 15

This means that any airmax equipment could in that box associate as a client against a sector with LTU? Is there a date for beta?
"Cuando tienes metas que alcanzar no importa lo que tardes o las veces que caigas, lo importante es levantarte una y otra vez hasta alcanzarlas" Icon Wink

Mikrotik MTCNA
Established Member
Kudos: 322
Solutions: 44

@tenas wrote:
This means that any airmax equipment could in that box associate as a client against a sector with LTU? Is there a date for beta?

I think the compatible timings just means that you could properly GPS sync a tower that had both the Airmax radios and LTU radios on it. I'd be happy to be wrong, but the two chipsets are quite different, and I think in order to make LTU what they want it to be they will have to forego compatibility with the wifi based chips.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 839
Solutions: 54

@Kevo wrote:

@tenas wrote:

I think the compatible timings just means that you could properly GPS sync a tower that had both the Airmax radios and LTU radios on it. I'd be happy to be wrong, but the two chipsets are quite different, and I think in order to make LTU what they want it to be they will have to forego compatibility with the wifi based chips.

Exactly right...

Gary