02/13/2018
Air Fiber 11FX
Reason for Installation
We have an AF11FX on a tower site, that supplies internet to one of our clients. We were using an old set up with titanium rocket and an old m5.
Used Products
×1
Description

We were getting a lot of complaints about speeds at the property, as it is a pretty big site. We found that we were only able to push the old set up at about 80Mbps capacity. We had to make a change, so we ordered a set of AF11FX's, and replaced the link with this equipment. After making this change, we were then able to get around 700Mbps capacity, and around 500Mbps to the site itself. This made every tenant happy as they were able to get the 50 megs we promised to each unit after making this change.af11.JPG

af112.JPG

af113.JPG

af114.JPG

Air Fiber 11FX

by ‎02-13-2018 07:46 AM - edited ‎02-13-2018 07:46 AM

We were getting a lot of complaints about speeds at the property, as it is a pretty big site. We found that we were only able to push the old set up at about 80Mbps capacity. We had to make a change, so we ordered a set of AF11FX's, and replaced the link with this equipment. After making this change, we were then able to get around 700Mbps capacity, and around 500Mbps to the site itself. This made every tenant happy as they were able to get the 50 megs we promised to each unit after making this change.af11.JPG

af112.JPG

af113.JPG

af114.JPG

{"location":{"title":"2045 Curry Circle, Pensacola, FL, USA","placeId":"ChIJOSIAYR_AkIgRi554_W9scCk"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"airfiber-11fx-low-band","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"We have an AF11FX on a tower site, that supplies internet to one of our clients. We were using an old set up with titanium rocket and an old m5. ","mainImage":"142918iF45115F99AEE7F57"}

Comments
by
‎02-13-2018 12:05 PM - edited ‎02-13-2018 07:38 PM

Did you have any problem getting the required FCC license

for the radio link you put in? These licenses require formal

applications, payments and can take months to get permits.

This can be difficult in urban settings--such as Pensacola--

or near airports. Did you find this process difficult?

For reference, what is the address of this installation?    Dave

by
on ‎02-14-2018 05:24 PM

Not that I am aware of, I was the technician that installed the equipment on site. This is actually in Panama City Beach, but we are based out of Pensacola.

by
on ‎02-23-2018 09:09 AM

I would be sure your company properly coordinates the path and has an actual license for this link. If this link is operating illegally without a license, the FCC can fine $25,000 or more for illegal operation.

by
on ‎02-23-2018 12:33 PM

Yes, we have paid for licensing for these, and nothing is done illegally. I personally did not purchase the license, but I know for a fact we have it, as we have a ubiquiti key that allows us to enable these frequencies. No worries on that at all.

by
on ‎02-27-2018 12:59 PM

Dont let these guys piss on your parade. And if you want better performance on a 11 ghz device with a 40 mhz channel use dragonwave. it is more expensive, however i got full gigabit FDD at 14 KM.

by
‎03-05-2018 09:15 AM - edited ‎03-05-2018 09:16 AM

Russ007, not all 'parades' deserve the same salutes.

Ubiquiti doesn't provide 'keys...to enable' these radios.

It's possible to deploy 11GHz equipment without the

legally-required licenses. And it's important to be clear

that this is not acceptable practice here. I don't know

what this case is, but it's fair to make the point.    Dave

by
on ‎03-06-2018 12:38 PM

Actually, they do indeed provide DFS keys when you purchase the license for it. Have you ever purchased one and been approved? This is very acceptable, there is nothing wrong with what we are doing, and if you don't like it, please stop replying on here. We are 100% legal, and nothing you say is going to change this.

by
on ‎03-06-2018 12:41 PM

If you are talking about licensing with the FCC, we have had that in place for almost 10 years, and we get new permissions for any new site we install on before doing so. 

by
‎03-06-2018 03:00 PM - edited ‎03-06-2018 03:53 PM

HyppnotiX, I didn't accuse you, and I have no way to know

from what you posted if this setup is properly licensed.

But it's clear you don't know what you're talking about.

DFS is only in the 5GHz band, and DFS keys were only

needed for certain radios in that band--never for 11GHz.

Ubiquiti provides these keys by affidavit--there is no fee,

purchase or approval required--only affidavit acceptance.

For licensing with the FCC, there is no 'in-place' license

for the 11GHz band; each link must be separately approved.

Again: I don't know whether you got one or not.    Dave

by
on ‎03-07-2018 06:57 AM

Actually I do know what I am talking about. You cannot just use a DFS key anywhere you want either. When I said we have had it in place for 10 years, what I mean is we have had our first site approved and in place for 10 years. Hence why at the end of that, I said we get new permissions for any new site we deploy at. Seriously, this was not posted so you can come on here and troll the post, you obviously have nothing better to do with your life.