02/10/2018
New IP67 waterproof Upgrade Kit for AF5X, 2X, 3X, 4X.
Reason for Installation
New IP67 Upgrade Kit helps seal AFX products from wind blown rain.
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

The new AF5X-HD includes the new IP67 Upgrade Kit that provides IP67 water ingress resistance for areas with strong wind blown rain potential.  This kit works with AF5X, AF2X, AF3X, AF4X and the AF5X-HD.  Anyone in hurricane zones or areas that see heavy winds and rain should consider this as an added level of prevention.   And while I've never had water issues with an AF5X, even though I live in an area with strong windy summer thunderstorm,  I'm still going to add these to be on the extra safe side. 

The kit consists of two parts.  The vent and gasket. Here I'm showing two of each. 

IMG_0151.jpg

The vent can be in separate packaging or for the AF5X-HD attached to the first page of the Quick Start Guide. Look carefully on the lower left of the QSG.  You can see the oval vent there.  You peal it off the QSG..

IMG_0148.jpg

The first step in installing the seal kit is to rip out the old door lanyard.  Just pull out of the radio, then lift off from the door.  

IMG_0149.jpg

The vent installs over the old lanyard hole in the radio.  What is the vent?   Its a cool membrane that lets moisture out, but not in.   If for some reason condensation or other moisture gets into the radio, the vent allows it to dry out.  

Look carefully below the word "MGMT" where the lanyard used to go.  The vent sticks on over the old lanyard hole as shown. 

IMG_0147.jpg

The seal is silicone and includes the new lanyard.  There is a seal for the management port which you remove if you're using the management port.   The seal, fits very snug to the ethernet connector.   

IMG_0152.jpg

The seals lanyard strap attaches to the radio door.

IMG_0150.jpg

You then take the seal and put in the radio door area, attach the ethernet and close the door.

IMG_7996.jpg

New IP67 waterproof Upgrade Kit for AF5X, 2X, 3X, 4X.

by ‎02-10-2018 06:46 AM - edited ‎02-10-2018 08:04 AM

The new AF5X-HD includes the new IP67 Upgrade Kit that provides IP67 water ingress resistance for areas with strong wind blown rain potential.  This kit works with AF5X, AF2X, AF3X, AF4X and the AF5X-HD.  Anyone in hurricane zones or areas that see heavy winds and rain should consider this as an added level of prevention.   And while I've never had water issues with an AF5X, even though I live in an area with strong windy summer thunderstorm,  I'm still going to add these to be on the extra safe side. 

The kit consists of two parts.  The vent and gasket. Here I'm showing two of each. 

IMG_0151.jpg

The vent can be in separate packaging or for the AF5X-HD attached to the first page of the Quick Start Guide. Look carefully on the lower left of the QSG.  You can see the oval vent there.  You peal it off the QSG..

IMG_0148.jpg

The first step in installing the seal kit is to rip out the old door lanyard.  Just pull out of the radio, then lift off from the door.  

IMG_0149.jpg

The vent installs over the old lanyard hole in the radio.  What is the vent?   Its a cool membrane that lets moisture out, but not in.   If for some reason condensation or other moisture gets into the radio, the vent allows it to dry out.  

Look carefully below the word "MGMT" where the lanyard used to go.  The vent sticks on over the old lanyard hole as shown. 

IMG_0147.jpg

The seal is silicone and includes the new lanyard.  There is a seal for the management port which you remove if you're using the management port.   The seal, fits very snug to the ethernet connector.   

IMG_0152.jpg

The seals lanyard strap attaches to the radio door.

IMG_0150.jpg

You then take the seal and put in the radio door area, attach the ethernet and close the door.

IMG_7996.jpg

{"location":{"title":"USA","placeId":"ChIJCzYy5IS16lQRQrfeQ5K5Oxw"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"airfiber-5xhd","count":1},{"id":"airfiber-5x","count":1},{"id":"airfiber-2x","count":1},{"id":"airfiber-3x","count":1},{"id":"airfiber-4x","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"New IP67 Upgrade Kit helps seal AFX products from wind blown rain.","mainImage":"142450iBC0F5931CFD333DC"}

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa
Comments
by
on ‎02-10-2018 10:40 AM

Is it bug prove?

by
on ‎02-10-2018 10:47 AM

@sirthor  Even small bugs like small ants are not going to get into the management port or the tether lanyard slot anymore with this.  They could sneak past the cable and get into the area under the cover.  

by
on ‎02-10-2018 07:26 PM

That would make it worth it. Would like to see that consideration in CPE equipment and Edgepoints!

by
on ‎02-10-2018 11:33 PM

@sirthor  Lately I've been using these

https://www.amazon.com/RJ45-Jack-Snap-Cover-Inside/dp/B001S52NX8

With any radio, router or switch with unused ports.  Important with Edge Points and NanoSwitches, and radios with unused ethernet or management ports. 

by
on ‎02-23-2018 09:29 AM

They need this for AF24.  I lost more than 1 from wind blown rain.

by
on ‎03-13-2018 09:41 AM

These kits are hard to find.  Anyone know of a distributor that has the AF-X-IP67 kit in stock?

Thanks!