Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

10/10/2017
New LTU AirFibers shown at Wispalooza Show !
Description

There's plenty of exciting new AirFiber being shown in the Ubiquiti booth at Wispalooza.

Both new radios and a new dish. 

IMG_7517.JPG

I'll go over the new LTU radios first.   The AF5X-HD has been mentioned and will be available in the beta store this week.   Below we have the one you can buy on the beta store on the right, and a clear plasic version that shows the amazing new LTU circuit board on the left.

IMG_7510.JPG

Below is a closeup of the new circuit board through the clear plastic case.  The AF5X-HD has both a data port and management port just like the regular AF5X.  Also a GPS port on top. 

IMG_7509.JPG

The big take aways about the AF5X-HD is it uses much less power than the regular AF5X, handles 10,20,30,40,50,60,80 and 100mhz channels.  And does 10X very easily and even 12x in the future.  And of course it uses the exciting new LTU technology.

You'll see additional stories about the performance improvement once they hit the beta store.

So the other new LTU radio being shown is an LTU version of the PrismStation.  Here's one mated to a 30 degree clear plastic horn.  It can of course be connected to any of the existing horns including the sector horns to use it as an AP.

IMG_7505.JPG

And a close up of one with a clear plastic case showing the amazing LTU circuit board.

IMG_7515.JPG

As you can sort of see from the photos, the LTU version of the PrismStation/IsoStation has a frosted plasic top with signal lights. Its 100% interchangeable with the PrismStation and IsoStation.  So switching between them is just unsnapping one and twistings the other in. 

The clear plastic new LTU horn radio is also being shown mated to a new dish, and I'll talk about that in a separate story.

IMG_7518.JPG

And there is also a clear plastic version of the AF11-FX on display.

IMG_7519.JPG

Comments
by
‎10-10-2017 06:00 AM - edited ‎10-10-2017 08:02 AM

I get way too excited about stuff like this... Great pics!

by
on ‎10-10-2017 06:20 AM

This is Awesome. Look forward to seeing the new performance/capability stories Man Happy

by
‎10-10-2017 06:53 AM - edited ‎10-10-2017 06:56 AM

y lo vuelvo a decir

porque no hacen equipos para poderle poner SFP de fibra

para que valla preparado para mejores resultados

por lo demas me parece muy perfecto

por cierto muy buenas fotos amigo

hubieras tomado mas fotos y mas de cerca para apreciar mejor

es exitante ver que asi como nosotros trabajamos arduamente

tambien ubnt nos impulsa a segir adelante con productos de mejores prestaciones para el futuro

by
on ‎10-10-2017 07:02 AM

Thank you!

by
on ‎10-10-2017 07:03 AM

ClaudeSS wrote:

There's plenty of exciting new AirFiber being shown in the Ubiquiti booth at Wispalooza.

The big take aways about the AF5X-HD is it uses much less power than the regular AF5X,

How much does "much less" mean? like 50% ?

by
on ‎10-10-2017 07:09 AM

@martini21  When doing quick battery lifetime calcs in my head, I do use 50%, but let me look at the Quick Start Guides to see what it is and report back later.  It does come with a 4-pair POE, but you can easily run it with an AirMax POE brick. 

by
on ‎10-10-2017 07:17 AM

@ClaudeSS WOW! Thanks for sharing. You always get to the good stuff. What other new stuff are they showing off there? What new Unifi gear do they have there? Thanks in advance

by
on ‎10-10-2017 08:00 AM

Tks for sharing! 

But where are the SFP cages? Man Sad

by
on ‎10-10-2017 08:09 AM

Same radio in both? Or is there a ptp and a ptmp version?

by
on ‎10-10-2017 08:46 AM

can't wait for the NDA's to be lifted.  I'm assuming some of the regulars have been testing the heck out of these...