Kudos: 1
Accepted Solution

AF-5: Terrible throughput on short, clear link.

I'm a noob at AirFiber. I've read all the similar threads and they seem to suggest that the problem is the network and not the AirFiber. I have tested all over with iPerf and I get 940 Mbits/sec all around the AirFiber yet I'm seeing 54.5 Mbits/sec across my AirFiber link. The interface shows that the AirFiber is connected to 1000Mbps-Full on both ends. Those are routers connected to gigbit switches and all the links are running full gigbit, no problems. Can someone help me figure out what is going on? There is increasing pressure to take down the AirFiber if I can't get it fixed. I updated my firmware and did some tuning and here is what it currently looks like:

Trend D - Main - AFTER-REDACTED.pngMAINTrend D - Wireless AFTER.PNGWIRELESSEthernet OK-REDACTED.pngEthernet both sides

Accepted Solutions
SuperUser
Kudos: 5165
Solutions: 1736

Re: AF-5: Terrible throughput on short, clear link.

You've got overlapping channels on a Full Duplex link. Fix that (spread TX/RX such that there is more than 50MHz between them, if you want to use 50MHz channels). You also can back off power a bit.
I did it my way .... Man Happy

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser

You've got overlapping channels on a Full Duplex link. Fix that (spread TX/RX such that there is more than 50MHz between them, if you want to use 50MHz channels). You also can back off power a bit.

Oh! Thanks! Is that 50MHz bilateral like +\-50? I thought as a total width it would be +\-25 !!

Highlighted
SuperUser

[ Edited ]

It's 50MHz wide, centered on your frequency. TX 5772, 50MHz wide would be 5747 to 5797.

RX 5813, 50MHz wide is 5788 to 5838. RX overlaps with TX. 

Also drop transmit power until you get closer to -50dBm received signal.

SuperUser
Kudos: 3787
Solutions: 326

I agree with @flipper on this one. Solid frequency coordination is worth it's weight in gold. I bet if you separate those so they're not stepping on one another, you'll see some big numbers!
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.
Kudos: 41
Solutions: 1

The radios have public IP assigned to them too.  Should be using RCF1918 addresses.

Thanks flipper!

I have a stable 10X link now. I am fairly confident that the AirFiber is good now. I'm still not seeing full throughput so I need to check with the firewall team to see if they are strangling my traffic with IPS rules. Then back to the network team, lather, rise, repeat.