Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

AF5 4.0 issue with IP change dhcp to static

So I had 2 AF5 luckily not an active link, i upgraded to 4.0 then went from DHCP to a static ip i knew was available on this network and now they are both no where to be found. Has this happened to anyone else yet? 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1037
Solutions: 119

Re: AF5 4.0 issue with IP change dhcp to static

So... the 4.0 upgrade worked and the units dhcp-ed an address. You then logging into v4.0 and changed the IP, subnet mask, and default router to known good values and now you can't contact the units?

Ubiquiti Employee

Also, what did you upgrade from? If it was one of the early beta releases (beta1,2,3,4,5) you will likely need to factory default your radio. See the beta channel for more info...

Highlighted

ok ya they upgraded from beta 7 i believe

sorry that was me my laptop was on a diff account. it only does this if you switch from dhcp to a static ip. we are defaulting again and uploading 3.2.3

Kudos: 1

I had the same issue.  I was on 3.2.3  and upgraded to 4.01.   Then changed the units from DHCP to Static.   The IP address stays in the unit but it is loosing the gateway.  If i ssh into the unit and do an Ip r a  default via  statement i am able to access the units again.  But updating and saving the config still prevents me from saving the actual static entry.    Any suggestions other than going back to older firmware?

Thanks
Dave

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi,

This is an issue with v4.0 and v4.0.1. I hope to release a v4.0.2 to fix this and an issue with Carrier Drop pulse mode in the next two weeks. Until then, your options are:

1. Downgrade to 3.2.3 and reconfigure your static IP
  2. Live with DHCP
  3. #1 and then upgrade to 4.0.1, and, don't change the IP addressing after the upgrade

I know this is less than ideal, but, this was missed both in our testing and in the very long v4.0 beta cycle.

Chuck