Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Planning a 10.31km link with a flight radar on the mountain

Hi all

We have in the end of this month a huge marathon here in Lucerne.  For all people who don't come to Lucerne, we produce a livestream. Actually I have the idea to mounting a PTZ camera on the top of the house-mountain of Lucerne. At the top, they can give me only power but no internet. For this reason I need to make a 10.31km PtP link to a roof near our production van.

I dont have the equipment for this case and I would buy it to make this link possible. I think actually to buy two Air Fiber AF5X and the 23dbm antennas to make this link possible with the actual roules of transmission power.

My biggest concern is actually, that there is on the mountains top a civil and military flight radar (RADAR) and also some other PTP links: https://s.geo.admin.ch/763c3dd73b

Should this be possible?

Best regards

Jan

PTP_VK_Pilatus.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Established Member
Kudos: 688
Solutions: 29

Re: Planning a 10.31km link with a flight radar on the mountain

It should be possible, but first those dishes are to small. You need 31 dBm dishes for that distance...

The radar can make problems. Check if you can use non-DFS channel for the link....

View solution in original post

All Replies
Established Member
Kudos: 688
Solutions: 29

Re: Planning a 10.31km link with a flight radar on the mountain

It should be possible, but first those dishes are to small. You need 31 dBm dishes for that distance...

The radar can make problems. Check if you can use non-DFS channel for the link....