UBNT VS MIMOSA

Mimosa have at least what we need a

SPECTRUM ANALYZER FOR THE 11GHZ PRODUCT 

0:1 FOR NOW THE SCORE 

SuperUser
Kudos: 5120
Solutions: 1714

Re: UBNT VS MIMOSA

What's the use case for a spectrum analyzer on a licensed frequency? To spot violators on your link?
I did it my way .... Man Happy
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1579
Solutions: 228

I do struggle to see the use for this in the real world.
SuperUser
Kudos: 2000
Solutions: 28

Myself I will take the solid firmware and performace I get on my links. 

UBRSS, UBWA, UEWA - Ubiquiti Certified Trainer
SuperUser
Kudos: 10440
Solutions: 637
Contributions: 1

Have to agree - I've yet to see an illegal use at 11GHz - licensed stuff is expensive to start with and the FCC is really serious about finding violators.   Their spectrum analyzer wouldn't even be all that useful in finding violators because of the narrow beamwidth of the antennas - the FCC has some really specialized stuff they use for this, and no chipset analyzer is going to do it...  ;-)

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)
"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
":It's not Rocket Science! - Oh wait, Actually it is... "NASA bumper sticker
":The biggest problem in tech I see right now is that most users don't want to do things that are hard. That doesn't bode well for the industry or the society.": (me. actually ;-)
Highlighted
SuperUser
Kudos: 8742
Solutions: 593
Contributions: 2

Also 11ghz has very high gain, very narrow beam width antennas.   I've used the unreleased AF11-FX spectrum analyzer and with the larger gain antennas, even channels off your licensed channel are very quiet.   But this is not something you ever need to worry about with licensed spectrum. 

ubiquiti certified trainer :: ubwa | uewa