Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 6
Accepted Solution

No topography data for Rhode Island?

I searched around and didn't see anything quite specific to this issue, but it appears there's not really any topography data for most of the state of Rhode Island and a lot of the South Coast of Massachusetts (the area between the Cape Cod Canal and Providence).  

For example, if you try and plot two locations in RI, the topography map in the upper right corner will show curvature of the earth but nothing more...no actual terrain.  Move one of the points far enough westward, like into Connecticut, and terrain data starts appearing but only up to a certain point...then it's just like there's no land whatsoever, only curvature of the earth at sea level.

Is this a bug that I can work around or one that only UBNT can fix?

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 8

Re: No topography data for Rhode Island?

We rolled out some terrain data improvements today and Rhode Island appears to be working now. Please let us know if you're still having issues.

Thanks for the feedback.

View solution in original post

All Replies
SuperUser
Kudos: 7877
Solutions: 497
Contributions: 1

riprengineer wrote:

I searched around and didn't see anything quite specific to this issue, but it appears there's not really any topography data for most of the state of Rhode Island and a lot of the South Coast of Massachusetts (the area between the Cape Cod Canal and Providence).  

For example, if you try and plot two locations in RI, the topography map in the upper right corner will show curvature of the earth but nothing more...no actual terrain.  Move one of the points far enough westward, like into Connecticut, and terrain data starts appearing but only up to a certain point...then it's just like there's no land whatsoever, only curvature of the earth at sea level.

Is this a bug that I can work around or one that only UBNT can fix?

@UBNT-LukeF

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the feedback.  We're making some terrain data improvements and we'll add this to our test cases.  

Thanks!

Luke

Ubiquiti Employee

We rolled out some terrain data improvements today and Rhode Island appears to be working now. Please let us know if you're still having issues.

Thanks for the feedback.

Kudos: 6

I just checked and at first glance it appears to be working properly now.  Thanks for fixing it so quickly!  Man Happy