Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Kudos: 34
Solutions: 5

Old Airlink Version

Hi,

Could we get a link to the old airlink version?

The new one has serious calculation issues that has "mountains tops" in the way. They are calculated incorrectly. This was reported in my alpha test but was not taken into consideration. Comparing the old with the new you can see this issue.

Please advise.

Re: Old Airlink Version

I can't even get the new Airlink version to work. I get the tools on the right side of my screen but the left 2/3, where the map should be, is a blank white page. Running Windows 7 Pro and IE 11. Any ideas?

New Airlnk.JPG

OK, I just read elsewhere that there may currently be issues with the high volume of Airlink users and the Google Maps api, so maybe a fix is in the works(?) It's a great utility, would love to still use it. In the meantime I've read of users using the Ligowave rf calculator, Radio Mobile, HeyWhatsThat, and others.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 27
Solutions: 8

Hello,

Can you provide the coordinates that you're using that are causing issues?

Thanks.

Ubiquiti Employee

Is it possible to try using a different browser like Google Chrome or Firefox?  If so, does the problem persist?  Thanks.

SuperUser
Kudos: 7877
Solutions: 497
Contributions: 1

Working fine for me right now...

Jim

" How can anyone trust Scientists? If new evidence comes along, they change their minds! " Politician's joke (sort of...)

"Humans are allergic to change..They love to say, ‘We’ve always done it this way.’ I try to fight that. "Admiral Grace Hopper, USN, Computer Scientist
Kudos: 34
Solutions: 5

Works are on the way to correct the terrain/coverage issues of the new airlink

Is there a link to the old version? I have some time senstive projects I am working on and being able to use the tool is a big help. It appears the current version sees trees as buildings. While it would be helpful to have that option in final planning, getting over and between mountains is our biggest concern.

CoMMy wrote:
Works are on the way to correct the terrain/coverage issues of the new airlink

Ubiquiti Employee

Hello, the airLink v1.3.25 is no longer available. We rolled out some terrain data updates today, can you retry the coordinates that you had issues with and see if they work better now?

Thanks for the feedback.

Highlighted

UBNT-LukeF wrote:

Hello, the airLink v1.3.25 is no longer available. We rolled out some terrain data updates today, can you retry the coordinates that you had issues with and see if they work better now?

Thanks for the feedback.

Still no luck on that. If I put in Kiahsville, WV the search box it brings up a location about 70 miles south. That is an improvement over it staying in Chicago. However, I ran a couple of test links for a location I actually have a couple of antennas and it shows obstructed. I have attached a couple of screen shots to show what is going on

test1.jpg
test2.jpg

Airlink is WWWAAAAAY off now. This new version is very discouraging. The last version was dead on in every circumstance I used before. Jeez. Any way to use last version still?!!!!???? Different browsers do not make a difference. WOW this sucks. And a login now? Just to calculate a link?

Hi Luke. I am using it right now. Not working well at all. Im just checking links I already have in place that are close that I attempted successfully in the past because airlink was spot on.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 534
Solutions: 32

@TOM5 Please send me a PM with specific coordinates and we can run both to see if there is a difference.  We have just resolved some rendering issues we found when the database switches between grid resolutions (some areas of the world are based on 3 meter data and other regions are 10 meter etc).  We have a new way of rendering to make the transition seamless but would be good to test on specific problem sites before we release the next update with the new algorithm.

Thanks

Gary 

The cooridnates are in the pictures
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 245
Solutions: 22

@dedwardswv wanted to get back to your info.  So as @UBNT-Gary mentioned the next release has definite improvements on terrain.  Here is an example of your exact link on the new version.  I would like to get you on our staging-airlink to make that you see the improvements that are upcoming.  The one items I would like to point out

that I did the profile with a 10meter high vs. your 5meter just to make sure we are on the same page as far as showing the terrain improvements.  Please PM me and we can look to get you on our staging.  Or we should be pretty quickly deploying these improvements next week.

Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 8.22.13 AM.png

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 245
Solutions: 22

[ Edited ]

@CoMMywanted to provide you feedback and thanks for bringing this up we've definitely improved it overall. For everyone there is improved path profile that is slotted for release from our discussions with other users.  As discussed path profiles have been improved.  This is slotted for 2.0.2.