Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 759
Solutions: 68

Population layer?

Any chance of getting a population layer added to airLink at some point?  TowerCoverage.com had something like this (trial ran out before I really got comfortable using it) but in these rural areas I pretty much have to zoom in and look for houses one by one right now).

thank you~

SuperUser
Kudos: 7358
Solutions: 1213

Re: Population layer?

What? No drone?   Dave

> HQ in Seacoast region New Hampshire U.S.A.
> Ubiquiti Certified Trainer [UCT] for:
     UBWA [AirMax] / UEWA [UniFi] / UBRSS [routers]
UBNT.NH@gmail.com
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 534
Solutions: 32

MimCom wrote:

Any chance of getting a population layer added to airLink at some point?  TowerCoverage.com had something like this (trial ran out before I really got comfortable using it) but in these rural areas I pretty much have to zoom in and look for houses one by one right now).

thank you~

@MimCom  You mean a layer displaying colors associated with population density?  Sounds like it would be useful for planning future deployment target sites...

Gary

Kudos: 759
Solutions: 68

[ Edited ]

Yes, exactly.
We have a number of areas where we have 2-3 neighbors ready (more like begging) for service.  I'd like to know how many prospects live within a certain included angle/distance so we can decide what kind of antenna to hang and roughly where to point it.  That will allow us to canvas the prospects we can turn up 'now'.

Unfortunately I don't recall what Link Tech called it, but IIRC it was fairly granular -- seemed like it knew roughly where the houses were (and presumably how many occupants) in some pretty remote areas.  If someone here has a paid TC account (or would sign up for a demo) they could probably give us more specifics.

thank you!