Kudos: 1

A lot of problems after updading to v8.4!!

Hello,

Yesterday we've update all our equipment to v8.4. Now we have a lot of strange problems. We are loosing connections on various locations. Or connections stay alive, but these no data passing. After a hard reboot it works for a while, but after a couple of hours the same problems returns. Some sectors have a dfs wait of more than 1200 sec! After resetting sectors, clients won't come back.Anybody has a clue what is happening here? Anybody experiencing the same issues?

We had absolutely no problems before the update.

Michel

Kudos: 7

Re: A lot of problems after updading to v8.4!!

Same here, very dissappointed, with upgrade, I dont have any issue on the beta 2. tsk2.

SuperUser
Kudos: 3889
Solutions: 352

@UBNT-SNK
@UBNT-James
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.

already sent email to james with support file.
SuperUser
Kudos: 3889
Solutions: 352

Good, Sriram will have to take a look at this also I'm sure.
Tony Pierro
CTO - Wireless Internet Services, Inc.

Wish I had read this before I went and upgraded all my dishes to the new firmware, all are remote so took a very long time to roll back, hopefully this version is scrapped and replaced with a working image. 

Kudos: 53
Solutions: 5

[ Edited ]

Same here. No problem with any of the beta FW. I've had over 17 hours of outage on my NBE bridge since updating Saturday to 8.4.0. Just did a power cycle from the switch on one end to get one back. Now it looks like I'll have to go physically do the same on the other. I'm going to go find one of the betas to go back to. 

Edit: It's 39 hours of outage for the bridge, 17 hours of time missing for the AP of the bridge. 

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2745
Solutions: 173

There should NEVER be anything changed or added between an RC and the final Stable version firmware !

A STABLE version should NEVER have to be re-tested as though it is a BETA !

IF, you feel that something needs to be added or changed at the last minute, PLEASE keep it as another beta version !

Kudos: 17

also wish I had found this earlier, just murdered our entire network.

Attempting to roll back

Kudos: 90
Solutions: 9

@SkyIP  some people are reporting memory leaks. Can you confirm that?

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airMAX-AC/8-4-0-and-6-1-0-memory-leaks/m-p/2083438#M25326

Do you use UNMS?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3684
Solutions: 759
Contributions: 73

@xblack  I haven't seen anything come through,  could you try to forward again to james@ubnt.com?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 2078
Solutions: 204

@SkyIP wrote:

Hello,

Yesterday we've update all our equipment to v8.4. Now we have a lot of strange problems. We are loosing connections on various locations. Or connections stay alive, but these no data passing. After a hard reboot it works for a while, but after a couple of hours the same problems returns. Some sectors have a dfs wait of more than 1200 sec! After resetting sectors, clients won't come back.Anybody has a clue what is happening here? Anybody experiencing the same issues?

We had absolutely no problems before the update.

Michel

@SkyIP are these APs fixed to operate in single channel (Frequency List has a single frequency in it or few overlapping channels) as if DFS hit happens, it goes into the wait state until will be able to transmit on same frequency again.

Hello everyone,

I didn't had the time to solve the problems.

So i spend this whole day downgrading and answering phonecalls from customers. The important lesson is, don't upgrade to short after release. And do it piece by piece if youre network is growing. I have a good confidence in Ubiquiti but even here things can turn out bad. I'm learning.....

Michel

@UBNT-Edmundas We have serverall sectors in different directions and hights. We are using 20/40Mhz channel width with a fixed dfs channel and auto center frequency.
Kudos: 74
Solutions: 7

[ Edited ]

Not that I dont trust new members but are the SuperUser,s having the same problem?

Just want to be 100% sure as i also upgraded last night, but the problem is I have also upgraded my sectors and  legacy M5 Ap,s to AC  in the last few days, My sectors are not all alligend in the best position yet. I am getting a few phone calls. saying the internet disconnects and reconnects. Trying to find out if its the firmware or something else.

The people complaining are on the latest firmware, clients on 6.0.4 have not called.

Thank you.

Kudos: 46
Solutions: 5

[ Edited ]

The more experieced users are smart enough to not roll new X.0 releases to any device other than test networks.  And then only after the newbies have smoke tested it for a week or two.

I'm not even loading 8.4 and 6.1 on test devices until 8.4.2 and 6.1.2.   It is far too dangerous now that there is snow on the mountains.   We may not be able to update until late spring.

Kudos: 74
Solutions: 7

[ Edited ]

I normally wait about 1 month but as I have done a mass upgrade of all hardware I thought this time I would take a chance. 

Also as i did not see any one complaining about this when it was beta I did not think this was going to happen when its ment to be stable.

Anyways I have set up a link to one of my towers and done the same set up as my clients, I am unable to see problems at the moment.

I also confirmed problems with version 8.4.0
I returned to version 8.3.2, I no longer have access to the antenna, I lose the connection without more and the DFS activates and does not automatically switch on only by restarting the antenna.

PowerBeam 5AC 500 ISO PTP PowerBeam 5AC 500 ISO
Rocket Prism 5AC Gen2 PTMP

SuperUser
Kudos: 1839
Solutions: 58

What modes are you guys using? Fixed frame? Flex? Mixed? etc... This is of course very important to know.

Its now FIXED, after disabling the UNMS.

14hours+ now connection time.