Highlighted

Bullet support documents (B_DB-AC)

Where do I find the support documents (manuals, firmware etc) for the bullet D-DB-AC? The "bullet" submenu appears to be missing as a folder below AirMax. Is this product still available?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3309
Solutions: 671
Contributions: 73

Re: Bullet support documents (B_DB-AC)

Here are the direct links for the Quick Start Guide and Datasheet. Also, here is the airOS 8 user guide.

Please note that airMAX AC devices only support wireless connections from/to other airMAX AC or airMAX M (FW v6.0+) devices.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Yes, I found those documents, but where are firmware upgrades etc? Is it because it is new that there are no firmware updates yet?

I need to form a point-to-point link so I am assuming I can use a pair of B-DB-AC's.  Am I correct in that assumption?

Ubiquiti Employee

Gotcha, we'll have this added soon, but you can use 2WA firmware.  Here is a direct link to the latest: 2WA-8.5.7

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

And my question... I need to form a point-to-point link so I am assuming I can use a pair of B-DB-AC's. Am I correct in that assumption?
Ubiquiti Employee

@arj2 wrote:
And my question... I need to form a point-to-point link so I am assuming I can use a pair of B-DB-AC's. Am I correct in that assumption?

Yes, you can pair these (or any airMAX AC or airMAX M devices as mentioned), but you need to make sure you are using an antenna for the correct band since these are dual-band radios.  

How long is the link?

What are you using for antennas?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

The link is fairly short only (5-10m) but it is in a challenging environment. It's being used on a cable laying ship to communicate with some test equipment mounted in the middle of a huge rotating drum that holds the power cable before it is layed in the sea. There is a lot of steel but the client reports success with a BM5HP  on another ship. I'm not sure on the best antenna (sorry I'm quite new to these peoducts) ? Because the drum is rotating I'm assuming an omnidirectional antenna would be the best bet.

Ubiquiti Employee

Anything conductive will absorb most of the RF energy, but it may work at this very short distance.  I would try using 2.4GHz vs 5GHz(The BulletAC supports both 2.4 and 5GHz), but as far as an antenna, I would look for a dual-band omni with female N-connector.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 3

@UBNT-James wrote:

Gotcha, we'll have this added soon, but you can use 2WA firmware.  Here is a direct link to the latest: 2WA-8.5.7

I was wondering the same thing about firmware upgrades on the bullet AC as mine is at the shipping firmware 8.5.1

Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee

@haas wrote:

@UBNT-James wrote:

I was wondering the same thing about firmware upgrades on the bullet AC as mine is at the shipping firmware 8.5.1

Thanks

You can find the latest BulletAC firmware HERE

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 3

Thanks James!