Highlighted

Connecting Nanostaion AC to non-ubiquiti SSID

Hi, sorry in advance if this post is confusing or if I use incorrect terms, I'm just a pool guy trying to find a solution for his IOT device.

I install iAqualink control systems and have found the antenna to be pretty weak. About 2 years ago I started using the NSM2 to connect to my clients SSID and then sent a hard wired connection to the iAqualink device. When I did this I would set the NSM2 into router mode and set it up on it's own subnet to try and add a level of security (maybe that is stupid? 🤷‍♂️) Anyways it worked really well. 

Now I am trying to use the latest gen of Nanostaion AC products and it seems no matter what I do I can't get it to connect to my clients SSID. Is there something I am missing? Or has ubnt added a security factor by requiring a PtP connection thus requiring a nanostation on each end?

Lastely is there a better product to use in this price point? My requirements are: outdoor rated, can be powered by 1 POE injector, and has a antenna comparable to the Nanostaiton products, and not have to hard wire connect (temp or permanently) to the existing network.

Kudos: 1

Re: Connecting Nanostaion AC to non-ubiquiti SSID

[ Edited ]

Air Max ac devices are not WiFi, they can only conect to other Air Max ac devices.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1239
Solutions: 164

airMAX M devices can also connect to an airMAX AC AP, or to standard Wi-Fi devices.

It's my understanding that the airmax M devices are being discontinued correct? If so is there a different product I should look at going forward to connect to standard Wifi devices?

Veteran Member
Kudos: 726
Solutions: 172

@Joshsbk
M devices aren't discontinued.
afaik only AGW and Pico M2 are EOL.
Who told you that? Man Happy
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx

I thought that I saw them on the legacy page. Maybe I should stop assuming, as I thought that's what that meant 😂

Thanks for all the reply everyone.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1239
Solutions: 164

@Skipper0815 is correct, they are not being discontinued.