Emerging Member
Kudos: 14
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

Upgrade turns into Downgrade

We swapped out a rocket m5 120* titanium sector with 3 30* horns running Gen2 Prisms. We started to move customers over and then realized that they were getting terrible consistancy performance! Sure, speed test will show 10+ mbps, but only when the page actually loads. Upload almost never works. We can take a nanostation m5, associate and never lose a ping. We take a nanobeam AC, associate, and drop pings left and right. In my lab, I never drop a ping with either. Which suggests environmental, however, nanostations are working fine. I have tried the suggested carrier frequencies as well as DFS freqs. These units have good power levels, -55ish and when running the built in speed tests from the units to the AP, we can get decent speedtest. Our spectral efficenicy is sitting at 1.5-3mb/mhz. These are fresh, brand new gen 1 nanobeams out of the box running the newest firmware. This is our first mixed sector. Other full AC sectors don't have this problem. I have generate the SUP if anyone wants to take a look.

Accepted Solutions
Emerging Member

Re: Upgrade turns into Downgrade

@UBNT-James Finally found a fix today, I believe you have mentioned it in the past. The WAN mechanision must be allocated to a bridge, not a vlan interface. This only seems to be the case with Airprisms. Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3684
Solutions: 759
Contributions: 73

Could you forward the Support Info file from all three APs to james@ubnt.com w/ a link to this thread?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
Ubiquiti Networks airMAX Support Team

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

FREE UBWA Student Guide-Great RF Primer!

Emerging Member

Completed

Emerging Member

@UBNT-James

This issue persists. We have upgraded to the 8.4.0 firmware. Customers are getting great speedtests, when the speed test actually loads but its very very inconsistent. Incredibly bad internet speed. Downloads fail. Sporatic ping loss. Do you have anymore suggestions, I am pulling my hair out!

Mikrotik SFP switch - > Ubnt Edgepoint -> Prism G2 30* horn --->   Powerbeam 5AC 500 ISO

HELP!

Ubiquiti Employee

@Schylar_Utley  Could you forward the .sup files from the AP and one of the Stations seeing the poor performance?

James@ubnt.com w/ a link to this thread

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Emerging Member

@UBNT-James Finally found a fix today, I believe you have mentioned it in the past. The WAN mechanision must be allocated to a bridge, not a vlan interface. This only seems to be the case with Airprisms. Thank you for your time.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

Thanks for the update @Schylar_Utley.  I'll see we can improve the UI messaging here.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png